Breakup update

So I posted about my break up with my basically fiancé twice the other night. This has been incredibly hard she started at my job I trained her, and she got promoted over me. We’ve been texting back and forth at work a bit and it is not good, if I bring up how it’s negatively impacted my mental health and I just want to sit down and talk, she immediately jumps to I’m trying to “force” her to be in a relationship when really I just want to find out why she thinks all of the sudden throwing a year and a half away is worth it. I said today I didn’t want to lose her and she said “you already have” then asked for her apartment key back. I offered to return it and other items this morning and she informed me she was going to her moms for breakfast, so she wouldn’t be there. Unfortunately he apartment is right between mine and my gym, on the way home her car was there. I’m almost 100% sure she is seeing somebody else and started so just before breaking up with me. She was resilient on getting me to work overtime while she did not to save money for our trip. She promised to come see me when I got off and then came 12 hours later, never kissed me, sat far away, and started a fight to break up. She won’t hear me out, which is unlike her, and like I said she lied to me about not being home today. I don’t know what to do. I’m having full blown panic attacks at work where I am crying so hard my lungs hurt and I can’t breathe, but still doing my job.

On top of all of this. My aunt in Florida, half way across the world was hospitalized with covid. Last night I got a call from my dad at work, and he informed me that her lungs collapsed, she went into cardiac arrest, they brought her back and she’s now on life support. When I told Mariah the woman who’s promised to love me and be there for me, she said “sorry to hear that” and never once acknowledged or addressed it again. I am not by any means ok. I have almost no support and I am completely breaking, like I’ve never broke before. I woke up for work at 4pm on Sunday it is now 9:50 on Tuesday and I haven’t slept, at all. I’ve been eating roughly 1000-1200 calories every twenty hours and I have to choke it down. I’ve lost 7 pounds in 4 days. I really don’t know what to do.

2 Likes

Ask yourself a question.

Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a person who is able to emotionally torture you like this?

I don’t know your whole story and there are always to sides to everything right?

Real talk…
When someone breaks up with you and after however many times you try to get them back tells you straight up that you’ve lost them, it’s over. She has given you a lot of signs thru reading your story. At this point all you are doing is making things worse for yourself by constantly getting shot down. I know how hard it is to walk away, trust me. I just did that very thing to a man I was with for almost 6yrs not even 2 weeks ago.

So, change your locks on your apartment and delete her phone number. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself.

She isn’t worth your time and I will 100% guarantee that there is a woman out there right now who is looking for you and will give you her heart.

Peace

1 Like

I promise your not alone, I’m dealing with heartbreak right now too, it’s definitely not easy and I understand exactly what your feeling. I thought I was going to marry my ex girlfriend, she broke up with me about a month and a half ago, ultimately walking away was what I had to do. I’m still hurting because i do love her and always will love her but I promise this pain is temporary, I strongly encourage you to seek help any shape or form, I am seeing a therapist, training jiu jitsu, doing yoga, training Muay thai, staying active and eating healthy is very therapeutic. I still experience waves of mixed emotions but admit it has gotten better. Even writing in a journal is also very beneficial, that’s something that is helping me through this. It’s okay to grieve and feel how your feeling. Now is the perfect time for healing and growing, it’s easier said then done but I’m here to talk and we can touch base with each other :pray:

2 Likes

I too lost my uncle who I was very close to in April an then 2 months later my relationship ended. It may seem like the end of the world but I promise it’s not. I still cry off and on but as time has gone on I’m in a better place mentally and emotionally compared to a month ago

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s just like we had something so good and it got a little rough over the last two months, and I just can’t comprehend why this good thing has to be torn down systematically over a tough season. I know that I’ll come out on the other side no matter what I just am definitely struggling with it.

2 Likes

I had the same problem with my relationship, the last couple of months we hit a rough patch, there were definitely good times but ultimately with some time apart you can really just focus on yourself and address any problems you may be experiencing mental or emotionally. My ex girlfriend has 2 kids and I was the first guy she brought into their lives. That is something I also continue to struggle with. I wrote down in my journal how I miss them and love them as if they were my own kids and assured them they did nothing wrong. Of course they won’t see it probably but by writing it down definitely made me feel a lot better even though I’m still hurting. Just keep your head up and you will get through this I promise. It’s not going to be easy but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, trust me. The other thing is too we easily can lose sight of who we are as individuals when we get into relationships sometimes and I lost myself because I invested so much into it and now I’m finding myself and getting better :heart:‍:adhesive_bandage:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.