Broken heart & lonely

I met the girl of my dreams earlier this year. She was everything I wanted and more and we both wanted forever till forever changed for her…. She left me with “we’re better as friends” and has since told me she doesn’t want a relationship anytime soon… now she’s dating someone else and I’m sitting here thinking I’m not good enough and never will be. I’m replaceable. I’m broken. I’m so tired of feeling like I mean nothing…

4 Likes

hey friend,

the end of a relationship is always a super painful time, but please do not let this affect how you view yourself. Please remember this was one person who chose to go their own way, just one person. You mean a whole lot to us, you do matter, you do have something wonderful and amazing to share with the world somehow.

I know you’re in a world of pain right now, and it sucks. Someone who says one thing and then does another – why are you letting them determine your value? Why are you allowing yourself to feel like you’re not good enough when they’re the one missing out on how awesome you are?

You’re broken hearted, not broken, friend. In the coming days, the constant pain will become moments of pain, then memories of pain. It’ll take some time, but it will get better.

We love you here, and we appreciated you being here with us and trusting us to share your feelings. Take care of yourself, and be gentle with yourself. It gets better.

4 Likes

@Leandrealsalda18

Hi :smiley:

Guess what? There isn’t anything wrong at all with you. She just wasn’t your person. That’s why we date and have relationships, to find that person. Some find their person faster than others and that’s ok, just don’t give up because you are worthy of love. Who knows, you could meet the “real” love of your life tomorrow :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there @Leandrealsalda18

I can’t imagine the heartbreak you feel after that turn of events. I would say the other person was maybe not too considerate with your feelings, but no end of a relationship is easy.

I think you should allow yourself to feel bad, and then take some time to think about this relationship and what you liked and disliked about it. You can heal from this, I promise you it gets better from here.

And regarding the negative self talk - you are a worthwhile person and you deserve to be loved and treated with respect. You are good enough as you are. You are precious and unique and if someone can’t see that, then maybe they are not the right fit.

Take care <3/Mish

2 Likes

hi leandre, thank you for being a part of this heartsupport community and for your openness to share this part of your life. breakups are hard and most, if not all, leave the person getting broken up with feeling alone, confused, and less than what we are worth. and let me be the one that says you ARE irreplaceable, you are NOT broken, and you ARE everything. it’s easy for negativity and lies to be focused in on ourselves during times of vulnerability like this but at the end of the day, please recognize that the thoughts you have about not being good enough are roadblocks for you to heal. so conquer those barriers by speaking truths to yourself and truly believe that you are deserving of love and a forever with your dream partner. just like you met this girl less than a year ago, who’s to say someone who will appreciate and reciprocate your priceless love won’t come around? have hope, my friend, and know that you DO matter. this heartbreak won’t last forever. looking forward to hearing from you soon and hope you can take some time to care for yourself and your heart. love, twix

1 Like

Hi Friend, Welcome and Thank you for your post, its nice to meet you. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know how hard it is when someone you love tells you they no longer want to be with you, it hurts beyond words, your world feels like it has come to and end and you just do not know what to do next. Then when you find out they have moved on its another kick when you are down, I get that. She may have moved on but that does not make you replaceable its makes you not the one for her and she is not the one for you and as much as that hurts right now it also means that it makes space for in time meeting the one for you and you will friend. You will meet the one who wants what you want and will be your special someone. I promise, this will ease friend. I look forward to hearing about your future. Much Love Lisa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.