Brotality Fan #8

I’ve been living with celiac disease for 3 years now, and my physical health seems to only get worse. I try so hard to stay positive but I just keep getting sicker and sicker. It’s wildly discouraging to work so hard on my diet and lifestyle every day to only be met with negative results and a worsening condition

5 Likes

I can’t imagine what it’s like to have Celiac. I have a few friends who deal with it and they struggle with their health because of it. How can I support you?

Hey there friend,

Thank you so much for reaching out, and welcome on this forum. :hrtlegolove:

It must be incredibly painful and difficult to live with celiac disease. 3 years is already a lot, and I understand that seeing your condition worsening must bring so many fears and concerns regarding your future. I have myself immune and hormonal disorders that are meant to get worse over the years, and the perspective of seeing my life being more and more limited is incredibly stressful. It’s even more frustrating that it can be isolating and lonely to deal with illnesses that remain mostly unseen for most people. Please know that you are not alone and you are seen right here. Your efforts, your voice, your heart - none of this is left ignored and your well-being matters so much.

Through these 3 years, have you received any support, besides the medical one? It can be truly life-changing to build a support system on which you can rely, depending on your needs at the moment. Could it be support groups, friends and family, a therapist and/or personal coping mechanisms. You definitely count this community as being a part of it now. You are not alone.

I hope you keep it up with your diet efforts even thought it doesn’t produce yet the results that you would expect. Somehow, you are learning to understand even more your body, its needs and limitations in regards of celiac disease. The whole process of trying, failing and trying all over again is very discouraging at times. Although each time you try will remain an opportunity to learn and eventually move forward, build your very own coping path. I’m proud of you for trying. Proud of you for reaching out when you feel defeated too. There is peace ahead to find within your body, even if for now it certainly feels like a constant war that you have to lead with very few weapons.

I’m sending hugs your way. You are loved. You are cared for. Keep us updated, if you are comfortable doing so. :hrtlegolove:

Hello, Brotality_Fans! I’m sorry you have been struggling with your CD and managing it.

I do not know the struggle you have personally but my sister suffers from a severe gluten allergy and she struggled to stay away from gluten her first few years and she struggled to even know what foods she could eat or not. She would eat something she thought was okay and then feel sick and get upset.
She has been GF for about ten years now and staying away from gluten, researching restaurants, and looking at ingredient lists has become second nature to her.

I know that you are feeling very discouraged with your health and it is not fair that you have to worry about everything you eat but I believe in you and I think that you will manage to make this disease work in your favour some day. I hope you are able to help your health improve and that it becomes second nature to you as well. Keep fighting :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hi Brotality_Fans,

I’m very sorry that you have to go through such a thing and it definitely must have taken lots of strength to even get here in the first place. Staying positive really is just see this as an opportunity to learn how to deal with an issue instead of seeing how limited you are by the issue. Of course it’s not something that you can do in a day, everyone copes at their own pace, but I believe that you’re strong enough to get through this.

As much as there are things that are making you give up, there is the same amount of things that will encourage you and help you to keep progressing through this. We hope that things will get better for you and we are here to support you :hrtlegolove:

1 Like