Cancer is a bitch

So i just got diagnosed with stomach cancer stage 2. I don’t know what to do. I’m so scared and I feel like I’m so alone in this fight. My parents haven’t accepted it yet so I’m having a friend carry me to and from treatments. I just wish someone understands what I’m going through.

4 Likes

I do. I don’t have cancer, but I do have tumors. I live in fear that they’ll spread to my lungs, then they do take the leap to cancer.

It’s not glamorous like they portray people in commercials. Everyone is so full of hope, they smile, their skin looks good, their clothes are clean. It’s not like that. It’s begging people for rides, it’s being so physically weak and I’ll that you can’t do dishes, and with no clean dishes, you don’t eat. Everything fights you.

I broke down when I could no longer open doors. I couldn’t get to work. I begged people for rides, and it was hard. No one cheers you on or asks how you’re doing. No one honestly wants to know.

You’re not alone in this.

2 Likes

Hey, River. You and I have been talking a lot about this lately and I’m going to be real with you here. I have not a single shred of idea as to what you are going through. The good thing about living in 2019 is that technology is evolving daily (especially medical tech) and with that knowledge its hopefully less scary.
You are such an incredible and strong person especially for making it 1 week from what we talked about on discord. You are appreciated, loved, and wanted here.
You are one of my best friends and I am super happy to know you and I am honored to be able to have you as a part of my life. I enjoy our talks daily. You’re making a difference here, thank you for being you.
What do you think will help you in this situation? i.e blankets, certain types of food, mandala coloring books, etc.?
We’re all here for you, my friend.
Hold fast,
we believe in you.