Can't break through!

I can’t seem to stop being paranoid. im Paranoid people are always talking behind my back and hating on me. I have nothing bud negative thoughts about people not liking me or me making mistakes at work and people thinking I’m a screw up. I just left a department at my job for another department and I feel like since I left they are probably talking about me every day. I feel like something I did at that department is gonna be screwed up and there gonna text me about it being assholes about it. I constantly think I’m on everyone’s mind. I feel like old friends i run into think negative about me or hear from other people I’m a bad worker or a screw up. I think nothing positive. Is this overthinking? Could this be from a past of screwing up ? Are things probably as bad as I think they are? This is what I think about 97 percent of the time I’m awake. It affects my home life alot. Please help!!!

Hey @WaitingOne,

I read your different posts here.

Try to breathe. To slow down. Maybe try to focus on what you can feel right now. What you can hear, what you can see or touch in your environment.

These thoughts seem really stressful and overwhelming, but right now nothing wrong happened and you’re safe.

You’ve been through this weekend with an intense stress. Did you have the possibility to share a bit of this with your wife so she can help you? Do you think you could try to see your doctor soon? What you’re feeling can be linked to your treatments.

I’m sorry again your previous coworkers were mean to you. You’re not in this situation anymore. This will be okay.

Thanks for your help. I feel like I’m programed to just worry all the time because that’s all i have done most my life. I seem the blow things out of proportion in my head.

Hey @WaitingOne,

I understand why you feel this way. But you are not programed to worry, friend. No one is. Worries are part of life but this doesn’t have to paralyze you. Even if you’ve always been worried in your life, it’s really something you can work on. And as you mentioned this, know that even if it’s a paranoid manifestation, there are still healthy solutions for you. You are already aware that this situation is unhealthy for you right now. This is a huge first step.

You deserve to feel better! To be able to live your life in a more peaceful way. For the moment, your worries are not healthy for you. Whatever your thoughts are true or not, it is not the point for the moment. I know it’s hard to take a step back on these. I understand you have this deep feeling that something wrong will happen. But this is preventing you from living the way you want and I can’t imagine how exhausting it is for you, physically and mentally.

You may need to work on these worries in order to learn how to manage this kind of situation. And you don’t have to stay alone for this. If someone can be helpful IRL, try to share about this with this person. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with you, I can assure you, and it’s okay to receive the support you need. Personal and/or profesional support.

Hold fast, this will be okay. :two_hearts: