Can't convince myself not to relapse

I used to self harm, and I’m a little over two and a half years clean now, but between work and school and just life in general, every day feels just as long and boring and lonely as the last, and I just want to feel something different for once, which is why I’ve been considering self harming again. And honestly, I feel like there’s a lot more reasons to self harm than there are to stay clean. I know it’ll make me feel better, or at least make me feel something else for once, and if people knew I had been self harming, maybe they would take the time to ask me how I’m feeling, instead of just assuming I want to hear about their problems every day. I get that it’s maybe a bit a selfish, but I’m sick of feeling like I’m the one friend who’s always there for everybody whenever they need it, but I feel like nobody’s ever willing to help me with my problems

Two and half years…that’s how long it’s been since I last self-harmed (Self-hitting was my main method). I too also did it because I wanted to feel something different. In my case, it was numbness that I felt after the passing of my dad. Luckily, it only lasted in a span of a few days before I realized it wasnt the right thing solution. Please don’t fall back into relapse. Once you do, it’s a vicious cycle that WONT STOP.

1 Like