Catfishing obsession help me

I just became obsessed with him after he decided I wasnt worth it. He messed with me for a year and disappeared. I’m catfishing him right now and I can’t stop. He fell for me once again now I understand why it didnt workout and I can move on. But also, hes attached to this new persona and I feel bad if I just leave. Help me… I’m trash.

1 Like

Hey there,

I understand that when someone breaks your heart you don’t want them to leave you. However these things happen and it’s a part of life, it may not be fair but you have to deal with these things and move on from him. You catfishing him is not going to help the situation at all, it might make it worse actually. Doing this is just prolonging the time it takes for you to move on from him and it leads him in a wrong direction only for him to feel not only lied to but betrayed.

What you need to do is come clean with the situation to him and accept that it’s time for you guys to go is separate directions if you can’t work things out as who you really are, and not some persona online.

Hope this helps,
Yummerz

1 Like

It’s so hard… how should I move on? He’s in love with my persona and I don’t know how to stop it now… I feel so bad. Thank you for your answer, it’s helpful, really. Made me cry because I know you are right.

Hey there,

I dont know how to tell you exactly how you should move on, that is something you are going to have to do yourself. But when it comes to him being in love with your persona, you need to be open with him, tell him exactly who you are and that you realize what you are doing is messed up and not fair to him.

Hopefully this helps,
Yummerz

I’m scared to tell him :frowning:

I can understand your hurts. It’s never easy when people leave us. However, catfishing is not healthy. For you or for him. If you don’t think you can tell him that it’s you carfishing then just delete any profiles or accounts you have and don’t talk to him as someone else anymore so he can begin to move on. Honesty is always better but better to stop than keep going. It isn’t fair for anyone.

I’m sorry he hurt you. :frowning:

Try your best to move on and let go my friend. The sooner you can do that, the sooner you can center your focus on healthier things and try to find new people to associate with. I know it’ll be hard. But it’ll be good.

:heart:

• Kitty
1 Like

Don’t say that when people are hurt by others especially by people they love or care about its normal that you want to lash out or get revenge however the one you end up hurting is yourself not them. I hope you can heal and move on.

Your are loved

1 Like

Hey SadGirl,

First I want to say welcome to the support wall. We are so glad you are here! You are loved and valued and you are important, as is your story. I want you to know that you are not trash, you are beautifully and wonderfully made. Sure you made a mistake, but that doesn’t make you trash by any means. We want to be here for you, to walk along side you, and to encourage you.

I don’t really have too much advice on the situation. Because several years back I did the same thing, after I got blocked by a guy I fell in love with. I never even ended up telling him, I just stopped contacting him, then he stopped contacting me, and that was the end of it. It’s a really tough situation.

I can’t really tell you either way whether you should tell him what you are doing, or just stop contacting him. That is completely your choice. But I really encourage you to stop the catfishing, whether you tell him, or whether you just stop contacting him. It’ll honestly make you feel better. It’s really hard, but I believe in you friend!

You are not trash, you are not a shitty person. You made a mistake. But you are still loved, your life still matters, and you still belong here! I hope you get all of this worked out! Prayers!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

2 Likes

Thank yall. I know I need to stop. I will stop texting him… I will. I can do that, right? He says he never fell like this for years… funny enough he said I was the one a few months ago lol. Why is he like this?.. sigh. Wish me good luck, I need to get away from him.