ChibiLeika Fan #2

My job is destroying me. I can get over my mom passing away almost exactly a year ago. I feel I’m alone in my own home

Im very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad over 2 years ago and his passing is still tough to bear at times till this day. Do you have a support system that you can count on? If not, definitely try doing some research and see if you can seek some counseling (if available in your area).

I can understand the part about your job having a negative impact on your life. I also have a very stressful job and there are at times where its very difficult to keep at it. I like to try to avoid burnout by taking advantage of vacation days and planning them way in advance. It helps me keep something to look forward to. Its also important to have something you enjoy everyday to make the days feel less stressful. I don’t always have a lot of time but I have 2 dogs that are always happy and bring me a lot of joy that I can always have, even on days I don’t have a lot of time to myself. Pets may also be good if you feel lonely. They can be a great source of companionship.

I’m very sorry for your loss of your mother. Its important people close to you at times where you feel lonely. I personally have not had someone close to me pass away, but you could try to join communities on Reddit or other social communities that have gone through similar struggles to remember that you are not alone. You can also join communities of similar interests that you have as well. I try to keep focus on things that make me happy to get through hard times. One of the things I like to do when I’m struggling is listen to music.

1 Like