Clearing my mind?

Hey heart support I’m back and asking for some tips on clearing my mind. I’ve recently had a pile of work thrown at me at once. I’m not going to be able to finish it all on time nor accomplish it very well. I’m trying to use time management but I can’t seem to get it out of my mind and relax. I’m trying to give myself as much grace as I can.

If anyone has any idea on how to put a tense mind at ease then perhaps we can all benefit from this post.

3 Likes

Hi OMAMfan
There are a couple of ways to do that like meditation or breathing excercises but you sort of have to figure out what works for you. I am gonna share a couple of stuff that might help but first I wanted to share a few things. First you are very hard working and that is amazing but you should not overwhelm yourself like that. I know it is easier said than done but it can really harm you. Can I ask what was the cause of the sudden pile of work? What is one source or multiple? Ok here are the videos I wanted to share, I hope you will find at least some of them helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

1. playlist for stress relief and focus. All day long, music makes you joyful 🌻 A playlist lofi for study, relax, stress relief - YouTube

2. How to handle stress. How to Manage Stress as a Student - YouTube

3. anothet playlist but more on focusing Deep Focus Music To Improve Concentration - 12 Hours of Ambient Study Music to Concentrate #207 - YouTube

4. Psych2go tips… 6 Daily Habits to Reduce Stress & Anxiety - YouTube

5. Breathing excercise… How to reduce stress with the 2:1 breathing technique - YouTube

6. And meditation… 10-Minute Meditation For Stress - YouTube

2 Likes

“Can I ask what was the cause of the sudden pile of work? What is one source or multiple?”

Yes! It turns out in order to graduate I needed one more math credit. It was thrown on me last minute. After a long month I got it sorted put. The current class I’m taking requires me to complete 4 assignments by tonight and 4 more tomorrow along with a test Friday. It’s further complicated that I’m moving to another town next week (online class). Worst case scenario I don’t pass and I have to do a make up program best case scenario I pass. I understand after this week my schedule will lessen and I’ll have more time to complete it.

2 Likes

In 1986, I was in high school doing drugs and getting into trouble. They put me in a drug counseling support group that met once a week on wed and we would get out of class to go lol. One day, they had us do this meditation and I connected with it on so many levels.

40yrs later, I still do it almost daily. I didn’t know anything about mindfulness until recently and that I had been practicing it since I learned this meditation. I like to do it laying on my back in bed, it seems to work the best for me. Once in awhile I find myself lost in it and it feels like I’m floating.

This is the best guided version of it I have found online. I hope you try it out and it works for you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.