Clueless don’t know how to move on?

Hi i haven’t been on here in a while. i got super lost and just gave up on a lot but since then my ex and i cut contact completely. i was at one of the lowest points i’ve ever been at and lost all motivation but then i started getting better looking to the positive and trying to have a glass half full vibe. and it worked for sure haven’t been this happy in so so so long, I got a job a new boyfriend my mental health is getting up and i don’t think about self harm anymore but i feel that it’s not necessary fair to my now new boyfriend because i don’t want to unload all this on to him and when i’m with him i’m happy i just don’t see him daily and i like to have deeper conversations in person ya know but yeah i rest just don’t know what to do like i have short damson moments of motivation and then i just want to sit in the shower and cry so yeah thanks for listening :))

5 Likes

Hey thank you for sharing! It sounds like your body is going through a lot of shock with the new sudden change. This could be because your worried about what you could loose from it? This could also be because you don’t feel like you deserve it. I encourage you to talk more about what you’re feeling and express it boldly. Reaching out on heart support, speaking to a close friend, relative, or counselor, or journaling your thoughts could help express your thoughts more clearly. I hope things lighten up for you soon!

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing and I hope that sharing helped. It’s okay to have days that are harder even when you’re feeling better and feel like you’re on a good track

3 Likes

I’m so glad that you are feeling so much new joy and have gotten out of a toxic relationship are enjoying a more healthy one! Congrats on the new job, boyfriend and perspective!

Healing is a process, so it’s normal that you have days where you aren’t as happy as you’d like to be. In regard to talking to your boyfriend about these dark moments, I encourage you to share! We all bring baggage into relationships and it’s important to find someone who can love and support you during the good and the hard times. If he loves you he will want to know all about you!

4 Likes

@Hillsdale2

It’s okay you have a thought of not sharing your burdens with your new boyfriend. I’m not in a relationship, but there are times I do think that way. I don’t want to put my burdens on my family and friends because they have a lot on their plate. However, I need to realize they do care. They will listen. I just got to give them a chance. What also help me is praying to God about my problems. He doesn’t mind I put my burdens on Him. He gives me peace. I encourage you to try prayer. I hope you are pressing on. Thank you for sharing your story. God be with you.

2 Likes

@Hillsdale2

So glad to hear such positive news! Being involved in a loving relationship, having a new job, being self-harm free. Congrats for all of this! It’s awesome. And thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

As our friends said here, it’s absolutely normal to experience good days/bad days. Healing is a long journey and you made a huge progress already. I understand why you don’t want to burden you boyfriend, as you care about them. But if you feel safe with them then don’t forget that it’s okay to share about how you feel. Just because when we do so, then we allow those who care about us to actually support us. You wouldn’t be a burden at all. Your feelings are valid and what you’re experiencing matters too.

Take care. :heart:

3 Likes

Hey friend! Sounds like things are really looking up for you! That is so great to hear! Thanks for sharing that! I hope that things continue to get better for you. But just know that we are here should you need a safe space

• Kitty
2 Likes

hi wow i’m sorry it’s taken so long to reply but definitely took your advice and opened up and it felt great thank you so much :))

2 Likes

thank you i really needed to hear that :cupid:

2 Likes

wow thank you so much really, you’re so right i think i just need to get out of the mind set that i had in my past relationships and realize i’m in a new one. thank you so much!!

3 Likes

i really thank you for that i’ve been trying to reconstruct my relationship with God and i feel that He keeps giving me signs and this just takes a lot of weight of my shoulders knowing that he put that on your heart to tell me. Thank you so much God bless :cupid:

3 Likes

thank you so much really it helps to know that people understand the situation i’m in and give me advice about it thank you :cupid:

2 Likes

thank you!! honestly things are looking up thanks for celebrating with me :slight_smile: :cupid::cupid:

2 Likes