Conflict with my mom with Social Movement I created

Hello how are you? I wanted to ask all of you a question, I started a social justice and civil rights group called Hispanic Lives Matter and it’s grown a lot in the last 4 months or so and I’m doing great things but it’s causing a lot of conflict with my mom because she feels I’m putting myself in danger and it’s a waste of time. What do you all think?

2 Likes

@ranma1983

What do you mean it puts you in danger?

She believes people might try to kill me

1 Like

Nothing worthwhile is easy. Social change is uncomfortable for people, and they will push back because they don’t like being challenged. If every social activist or changemaker gave up because what they were doing was hard or dangerous, all of North and South America would still be under colonial rule, where minorities were slaves and women were property. It is apparent from your posts here that you are passionate about this cause, and if you stopped now you’d only be doing it to appease your mom and silence the haters. You’re starting something bigger than yourself, and people may not understand right away; but I believe that if you just gave it all up, you’d be more dead inside than anything from the outside can make you.

2 Likes

Ty for your kind words that means a lot to me. All I’m doing is to bring reforms to the Hispanic communities whom are neglected by society and the media.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.