Confused. Unmotivated

I really just don’t have a will to keep on at times.
All I want to do is music and be in a band but I don’t get up to push myself to practice and try to get somewhere and living in a small town where no one really wants to start a band with me really hits me even more. I just keep letting life get to me where I don’t want to get out of bed and I don’t feel good enough for life and I don’t feel I’ll ever be good at anything or be able to live my dream.
I feel so unhealthy, so unmotivated and so confused on how to get where I want to be, I just don’t feel like I will but I want it more than anything in the world.
I don’t know how to do anything.

1 Like

Hi friend. Finding motivation to do the things we love and are passionate about can be hard sometimes. Especially when living in small towns or in places where it feels like connecting is hard.

What are some things that have helped you feel motivated and connected before?

Have you checked out meetup.com? Maybe there are some people you can connect with on there that are interested in jamming out. Or maybe you can find people to connect with that share other interests. Like board games or DND? I know sometimes just finding people to connect with in general can help boost that motivation. It’s also something that would be healthy and a way of putting yourself out there.

What are some things that you are wanting for yourself and wanting to achieve? Like, if you could list 3 things right now, what are some things you’d like to see yourself doing in the next 1-3 years? And what are some small goals you could set for yourself that are realistic and reasonable that would help you do that?

This is a great place to start if you are feeling confused and stuck. Figure out what you want deep down. And set some realistic goals for yourself to work towards it.

And like I said, meetup.com would probably be a great way to find some social interaction to help with depression, loneliness, motivation and just a general uplift.

I know it’s hard my friend. I’ve certainly been there myself. And it’s been a challenge trying to get myself on track so I can escape that. It’s a common thing a lot of us go through. But I hope you’re able to find the strength and courage to take the steps you need.

You are loved and cared for.

• Kitty