Constantly Let Down

I put too much faith in people and people will always let me down. I’m stupid and let it get to me.
I can’t handle it right; I let the hurt consume me.

1 Like

Raja, I’m sorry that you’re feeling like that. This doesnt mean that you should give up on people. Just find the right people. This community is somewhere you can feel safe and be heard. The love in this community can be so much stronger than the hurt you are feeling if you let it.
You can do this and you will get through it. You’re not stupid.

Kayla

2 Likes

Thank you, Kayla. Means a lot to know I’m being heard sometimes. :black_heart:

2 Likes

Raja -

So sorry that you are feeling constantly let down by others. I get that feeling completely. However, as Kayla pointed out - I don’t think that you should give up on people completely! I know that the HS community may not be a face-to-face community all the time, but we are most definitely ALL here for you! I know that eventually you will find the right people and putting your trust and faith in them will be second nature!! Keep moving forward!

• Bri
2 Likes

Raja,
Hey friend how are you . I am so sorry you are feeling like this. Just know feeling like this means you are human and you are loved . It may not seem like you are loved by your friends but they truly do and it may be hard to them . By the way you ARE NOT stupid , you are human. Just know you are loved no matter what.
Remember YOU ARE WORTH IT, and Hold fast friend
~ Ashley :heart:

2 Likes

You will always be heard here Raja. Always. We love you.

2 Likes

Idk if you will see this but I hope you do. I completely know where you are coming from. That feeling has destroyed me for years now but learn that there are people worthy of your trust and learn that there are people who even if they let you down will come and want to redeem that heart break. You have to love them enough to forgive them. If the people who let you down don’t love you enough to make things right between you then they don’t deserve to be in your life, maybe someone else’s but not yours. It is ok to let those people go and move forward. Trust is a brave and courageous act DO NOT feel stupid for trusting, it is a risk we all must take and some people are worth the risk. Be brave, keep being brave as you have been. We as humans always let someone down, we might even do it here, but I hope and pray that we sre loving enough, and that you find people in your life loving enough, to make the wrongs right and find healing and freedom and love beyond the times that you are let down. You are heard and you are worthty of help and love ALWAYS!

1 Like

Hey Raja,

You have a big heart; I can tell just from those couple of sentences you wrote. Unfortunately people aren’t perfect and they’re bound to let you down at one time or another. I personally developed a system where, I will initially trust someone until they’ve given me a reason not to. Because people mess up, I will almost always give them another chance - however, if they mess up a second time, then they’ve permanently lost my complete trust (i.e. “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me”). Don’t let it get to you too much. :slight_smile:

-Eric