Cosmic - Avenged Sevenfold - Therapist Reacts

[> This topic is from YOUTUBE where users are encouraged to comment about their mental health struggles.

• If someone tags @heartsupport in a comment it becomes a topic here on the forum.
  • If they don’t it’ll be a comment on this topic.
  • Moderators can flag:ignore non @heartsupport comments to create a new topic if needed.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1k-NblMIxY)
  • When have you felt alone?
  • What pattern have you been stuck in?
2 Likes

Love these deep dives into rock music! Thank you so much for these videos! :yellow_heart:

This song is a fictional story, about two lovers that live as partners in several lives, they die in one life, and meet up again in the Cosmic, then join for another life again… like two souls that lives on forever as a pair…

Stellar song, a journey of a song. Nice reaction

such an amazing song. You should look at more from the new album of theirs, its absolutely stunning!

Umm don’t know why this reaction pissed me off but whatever.

1 Like

Never seen this channel before, but i loved watching you get into the music and enjoy it! I’ve been a fan of the band for years, and this is one of the most emotional and moving songs I’ve ever heard. Absolutely love it.

1 Like

The last part, they really gone​:metal::metal::metal::fire::fire::fire::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Love this album. I’ll always love A7X. :metal::smiling_imp::fire:

1 Like

The tension in the rising tone in the left ear in the LET IT GO section really feels like your moment of death, trying to hold on to everything you have, but you need to just let it go. Then it’s silence and you are among the starts. Pretty cool feeling.

1 Like

I got so much more from this reaction than I have from most other reactions to this song. I love your angle and your natural ability to explain your interpretation!

2 Likes

If you really want something related to mental health off of this album, you should definitely check out “Game Over” which is the opening track. It’s meaning is mostly revealed at the end, but the majority of the song is really beautiful besides the dark message

2 Likes

This was my favorite song on the album. It made me emotional for summer reason now i know why :skull: maybe i should go to therapy lol

2 Likes

The reason you’re confused by the lyrics is because you are looking at it through the lens of romance. This song is about 2 souls finding each other throughout eternity and waiting to meet again in another life and beyond.

2 Likes

This song made me cry on multiple occasions and I could never tell why. it healed something in me that I didn’t know was broken and boy when I say those emotions were very intense.

2 Likes

This is one of the most emotional songs I can remember ever listening to. It defineteley stirs many feelings deep inside. I think the album is masterpiece, and I do not say that lightly.

2 Likes

It’s really nice what you said about relationship and it is definitely true what you said, but you got the meaning of the song completely wrong, for instance, Nightmare is about a journey to hell, and you would have describe it like a bad dream. The reason why i pointed to you this way, is not to criticize what you said (which i agree completely) but how you read this song, which is completely wrong. This song is about a person who passed out, which could be a partner possibly, but I would love to see it as a relative in you family or either a friend, and the way our bodies, once we died, will fade and dissolve in atoms and will always be somewhere in the universe, present, past, or future. This song is really sad, and it describes the pain of a person who feels and the relative, partenr or friend, which says will be always somewhere, on his side. Either you analysis is not related at all to this song, it has been really nice to hear you, and i agree in every word you said

2 Likes

Well that’s uh, an interpretation…

I think to me it’s pretty clear that this track (and the album as a whole) is about life and death, letting go of your physical embodiment in this space and time, embracing that your spirit is whole and wholely eternal.
“From all that was before we shut another door, but not a last goodbye”
“Before the dawn of man and castles made of sand, there you’ll find me. (Let me go.)”
“Writing in the caves, as fires light the way, there you’ll find me.”

It’s okay to embrace death as a conduit, to accept and believe that, whether we recognize it or not, our spirits will meet again in another time, another place, even another dimension. That’s what I feel, and I think the music really captured that feeling to perfection.

1 Like

I would like to have seen you before when I felt the way you describe in those situations, it cost me a lot but thanks to a change in attitudes I was able to recover.

1 Like

I got more of a Universe and humanity’s place in it. Weird i did not get any relationship vibes from this. I guess songs just mean diffrent things to diffrent people with maybe whats going on in their lives and mental state.

1 Like