Could this be true?

I feel like old friends I haven’t seen for in a while are always thinking about me in a negative way and talking bad about me to others. I dont no this for sure and no one has told be I just think this for some reason. Alot of my thoughts of friends are negative due to being screwed over alot in life by past friends so I automatically assume friends I haven’t talk to in a while talk negative about me. Can anyone give me advice? I’m always worrying and thinking negative.

Hi Mooseman,

Yea that’s hard. I try really hard personally to hang out with more positive people. I used to have friends that would gossip about others a lot or talk negatively. Sometimes it made sense but sometimes it felt like they were just being negative. And so I felt like when I wasnt around they were doing the same about me.

I try to involve myself with people with a more positive attitude. As negative energy brings me down.

I’m sorry you’re feeling that way. A lot of the time when we think people are talking bad about us, it’s usually just paranoia or insecurity. If you feel it’s the case, the best thing you can do is maybe talk to them. And if they tell you you’re okay and everything is fine, try to trust them and not dwell on it. :heart:

If they ARE being negative towards you, it may be good to try to surround yourself with more positive people.

Don’t be afraid to talk to people about your feelings. It’s a good thing. But trust people when they say everything is fine. Don’t let yourself drown in false truths!

Lots of love to you!

• Kitty

Hey Mooseman,

I hope that you are doing alright, and I hope you had a good weekend. I just want you to know that you are loved, and your life matters, Your story matters. We are so glad that you are here, and that you had the courage to open up about what is going on! You are valid!

This is something I find myself thinking a lot about and struggling with as well. The thought of being hated, and not wanted. Even if we aren’t being told these things, the thoughts are just there. Let me tell you that doesn’t make you weird or dumb, and I can promise you that you are not alone in that my friend, I see you and I feel you.

Something you could possibly do is reach out to them, and tell them how you are feeling, maybe try to reconnect with them. But also try to recognize those feelings you are having, recognize them, and then try to decide if they are a lie that you are believing. Because it’s easy to do and it’s something that I struggle with a lot too! Please know that you are loved and valued!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

@Mooseman

Hey, thanks for sharing this. Like Kitty said, I think its very important to surround yourself with positive people who will have a positive impact on your life.

I know that its super easy to get caught up in what people thing or say about you, but I think it’s important to remember that really only what you think about yourself matters. You’re the one that gets to determine how people see you be dictating how you see yourself. That’s something that I have been working on myself actually. I tend to have pretty negative thoughts about myself, but I know that I come off as a happier more positive person to others when I am trying really hard to see the good things in myself.

Also, it sounds like these people aren’t really in your life anymore, so you have to ask yourself “does the opinion of people no longer in my life really matter to me? Am I going to let their actions dictate how I lead my life now?”… I think that those questions are really important.

I hope this was helpful, I am so sorry you’re dealing with this.

Hannah Presley