Courtney LaPlante is Taylor Swift of metal core?!

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.
  • Do you feel when you try to stop a toxic pattern it gets overwhelming?
  • Do you feel you dissociate too often?
1 Like

They went back to their roots. Spiritbox has some very heavy songs. Belcarra and Holy Roller for example. If this surprises you you’ll understand after listening to those that they really haven’t changed very much. If anything They’re even heavier now. Love this song!

1 Like

this would flatten me live

1 Like

Subscribed. I like your channel. May I suggest a rection to BABYMETAL. Their metal music has a positive and uplifting message. They have a fun and awesome performance PAPAYA https://youtu.be/oO7Y8NsnkRg :vulcan_salute: :heart:

1 Like

The chorus is so heavy, but weirdly gets more melodic the more you hear it in the song. Also, the Code Orange-esque breakdown… :man_cook::kiss:

1 Like

Cellar Door is not an example of Courtney being the Taylor Swift of metal core. But a lot of other songs could be. I have often said that if Taylor Swift every listened to some Spiritbox songs, she’d consider covering them. Take out the screams, and they have superb melodies.

1 Like

Taylor Swift comes nowhere near Courtney’s or Spiritbox’s talent.

1 Like

Kinda disappointing to see these viewer comments on such a channel. You’re probably well equipped for that considering your position, still wanted to let you know that you’re doing a great job with these videos. They’re needed and appreciated!

1 Like

Ain’t no way you people are being this snobby about a Taylor Swift comparison. I don’t even like/listen to her, but it’s not that deep. No matter if you want to admit it or not she’s the female face of pop (or one of), so a comparison with Courtney being the female face of Metalcore or whatever sub-genre you want to list them as isn’t far off.

1 Like

You should do hollow front song afflicted it has so much emotion in it and such a good song reminds me a of a lot of people

1 Like

Just the other day I was thinking Taylor and Courtney doing something together wouldn’t be that weird

1 Like

Please check out any song by Nothing More. You won’t regret it

1 Like

It’s just hearing the reality of WHY i have an avoidance approach that just makes me uncomfy as well, just knowing i’m the only one stopping myself is sometimes hard to believe but anxiety makes me feel like it’s the worst thing in the world so i stay in my little hidey hole of darkness because it’s SAFE and i know that’s not great

1 Like

Check out some Jinjer!..

1 Like

Pisces by Jinjer
astronomy by jinjer

1 Like

El trauma lo tienes…

The last es una canción…

Porque solo das salidas…

Te lo explico
El que tiene la llave. Matrix

Tia celador. Ah…