Crazy thoughts

Hey guys. Feeling strange. The past 6 months this I’ve been dealing with depression and anxiety and then I finally got diagnosed bipolar type 2. I’ve been on meds but they didnt seem to help and I’m trying to figure out these crazy thoughts in my head. They’re usually suicidal, homicidal, run away from home and break up with my girlfriend. I seem to always have these thoughts about my relationship with my girlfriend more than anything else. I was just wondering if anyone else can relate or try to talk me through this. I’ve dealt with it ok for the past 6 months, I’ve been seeing a counselor about all this but I just wanna know if anyone else has these thoughts about their relationships.

Thank you in advance guys.

Hey @bob,

I can definitely relate to having suicidal thoughts. I’m diagnosed with major depressive disorder and general anxiety disorder. Know you’re not alone in your thoughts.

I’m so glad you got medication- mine has helped so much, but also the thoughts haven’t completely gone away. I would encourage you to talk to someone close to you about the thoughts. I’ve found that being honest with people about the thoughts in my head is really comforting and it takes away the power of my thoughts.

Keep fighting and hold fast.

-SJ

Thank you Sarah! I hope you feel better too!

Hey @bob,

I’m really glad you finally got diagnosed and I hope it will help you to manage these thoughts over time. Medication can really be helpful and you’ve already taken actions for your well-being, which is really awesome!

To add to what Sarah said, sometimes writing can also be helpful to think more clearly. It allows you to take a step back from your thoughts and, eventually, to let them go away, even if it’s just during a short amount of time. You can write things for yourself but also use writing as a way to share your thoughts with people who are close to you.

You’re doing great, friend. You are strong. And I sincerely hope these thoughts will fade away in times to come. In the meantime, we’re still here for you.

Take care. :heart: