Create a Happy Box for Those Dark Times!

Hi Guys!

On Wednesday, I filmed an IG Live about creating an Anxiety Box (otherwise known as a happy box)! If you don’t know what that is, a happy box is a box that you decorate HOWEVER you want, and then fill it with things that make you happy or relaxed. The purpose of the box is to help lift you up whenever you have anxiety, are upset, or need a good laugh. This is a great way to get your mind off things through creativity, and the finished product will hopefully help get your mind off things in the future, as well. :blush:

What you will need for this crafty, stress-relieving project:

• A cardboard box, or any box that you want to use. If you do not want to craft your box and want to use something you already have, go for it!
  • Paints, crafts, photos, or anything else with which you want to decorate your box.
  • Items from around your house that make you happy! Some ideas to get you started:
    • Notes from friends
    • Write a note to yourself saying how AMAZING you are
    • Photos
    • Chocolates or candies (make sure it isn’t something that will mold :grimacing:)
    • Write a list of your accomplishments
    • Trinkets or family heirlooms
    • Pet rock?
    • Your actual pet? (haha JK)

The rest is simple! Just start decorating your box! Any way you want, with anything you want. I personally try to steer clear of putting anything in my box that might trigger me or trigger a negative emotion. Remember, this is ALL ABOUT YOU! So, have fun with it and be sure to show us what you made! I have posted the link to the IG Live video and finished product, below. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Create Your Own Happy Box!

3 Likes

I LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for sharing! :grin:

2 Likes

This is so freaking cool! I actually have something similar. It’s not one that I decorated, but, I do have a box that I call “Stimmy box” - As an autistic, I have sensitive sensory. But at the same time, there are certain sensory or certain things that can feel really good so I fill this box with things that make me feel good or happy. There is some putty in there. It keeps my hands busy and helps relax. There is some fidget spinners in there from a long time ago! haha! I have stickers in there that I collect to use for Pen-Palling. Things like photos of good memories are great. There was at some point just little squishy things that I got from a craft store that just feels squishy and smooth to touch that is entertaining. I mean there is a lot of silly or happy things that you can put in these boxes. Letters from friends. Art.

I have another box that we jokingly call the “Remembery Box” - No that isn’t a typo. LOL. And yes I am 35 years old. “Remembery” box. Haha. That I fill with all of my good memories. Movie stubs from movies I enjoyed, stubs from things like museums or zoos that I went to with my hubby, tickets from Disney World. Souvenirs. Its cool to have things like that and then go back and look at it later. Reflect on the memories.

Super cool! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Anytime! If you make one for yourself, be sure to share it with us! <3

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I love that you have these. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have wanted to make one for a very long time, because I always enjoyed when I would be looking through closets for something and I would find all these little things. Now they are all in one spot!

I really like that you separated your items into two separate boxes. I think I’ll have to make another one and get a “Remembery Box” going. :hugs: Thank you for sharing!

1 Like