Day Clean(not anymore)

Hey everyone I’m a day clean and feeling much better from yesterday. I took some time to myself for the first in a long time and it felt great. I know that I’m still very fragile at the moment so I won’t be helping anyone today. I know I need to take care of myself in order to do that. It still kinda of makes me feel selfish but I know I need to.

11 Likes

i’m so proud of you!

remember this feeling!
So happy that you’re feeling better
confetti canon

2 Likes

Well done for the day clean and taking some time for yourself. I know how hard that is and just had to face that reality this week. Self-care can be very challenging when we are willing to give, and oftentimes too much of ourselves.

I promise you, you’re not selfish. Actually, investing in yourself will also have a positive impact on your relationships and ability to be more present to the people you love.

You exist for yourself first and foremost. It would be unhealthy to live only for others. And for us who still try to figure out how to do that… well, it’s okay to keep in mind that we are still learning. Learning is okay. :hrtlegolove:

I’ll respond to your other topic and question as soon as I can.

You’re loved, Paladin. So very much. Not because you help people, but because you are you.

4 Likes

@Paladine

Thank you for trusting. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

It’s hard but I’m trying. I’m trying to trust again.

3 Likes

Well I couldn’t help myself and help some people but I"m taking care of myself after and during so I think it will be fine. I promise I’m taking care of myself.

2 Likes

It’s okay, @Paladine. You don’t have to justify yourself. Just know that we are here if you need some help in terms of accountabillity sometimes. But overall we trust you for acknowledging your limits and doing your best to not over-extend yourself. You are more than capable of doing that, even during times of struggle. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

im proud of you! You got this!

2 Likes

I know I don’t have to but I feel like I need to. It’s just a side affect of having to always explain myself at home for them to understand or allow me to do things. I’ll tell you guys if I need help being accountable.

3 Likes

Day two of being clean again yay

5 Likes

ur doing amazing sweetie!:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done Paladin! :hrtlovefist:

1 Like

so proud of you, friend :heart:

1 Like

Hey @Paladine I’m glad you’re feeling better.
Just an observation from your posts the last couple of months,and please correct me if I’m wrong, but do you feel more self worth for yourself when you’re helping others? Just from a few things you’ve said. it’s an awesome feeling helping others, make sure you’re making lots of self care time though :heart:

2 Likes

Yes I do. I feel much better when I help people. It’s one of the few times I like myself.

1 Like

Hey Paladin, just sending some friendly thoughts your way today. Since you’ve mentioned seeing your counselor today, I wish you well. We’re so, so very proud of you. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Thank you and I am seeing my counselor today. I have a list of what I want to tell her.

3 Likes

Also three days yay.

4 Likes

Your therapist is going to see how much you want to heal. I’m glad we did the list, I really think you will benefit from being honest and transparent her. You’re on the right path!

2 Likes

I’m really glad we did too. I’m going to start the thing out by reading the entire thing so that she at least knows it all and then we’ll see what we talk about from that.

3 Likes