Dealing With Emotions

Hey guys, I’m looking for help on dealing with some emotions. My girlfriend of three years broke up with me over a year ago and I still can’t seem to get over her. She started dating a new guy a few months after we broke up and started posting pictures of them together on Instagram. I had to block her, because it hurt too much to see the pictures. Its now been a year and a half since we broke up and a year since I blocked her. I feel like I won’t be able to get over her without unblocking her, but seeing how happy she is with her new boyfriend is still too painful, even after all this time. Is it weird that I’m still not over her after a year and three months? How do I get to the point where I don’t care about what she does or who she dates? I’ve just been feeling really torn up about this and I don’t have a lot of people to talk about these emotions with. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Break ups can be so hard - I’m sorry. You did the right thing by blocking her.
It’s not wrong to care about people that we’ve dated, but when we start to let it eat away at us, that’s when it becomes a problem. I would strongly suggest keeping her blocked, and don’t be scared about this because it’s actually a really important thing anyone can do for themselves, but I think therapy could really benefit you. It can help us to retrain our brains to be able to handle and deal with thoughts and emotions when they come. It can take a while to get over people we loved, and sometimes it will take this long - it’s normal. Don’t look at it as getting to the point where you don’t care, just try and get to a point where it’s not affecting your daily life anymore. You can still care, but there’s a difference between caring and being emotionally invested.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

hey! no i don’t think it is weird that you are not over her. i am sure you loved her. and it is super hard to let go of our loved ones. i think that you should keep her blocked. that way you can’t see her face or the guy she is with. you are deserving of a girl that loves you as much as you love them. and yes at one point it was her. but now, it’s gonna be someone different. someone who’s better. i know you probably here this a lot. but take some time and focus on yourself. be mindful of your life. try self care. little things can make a difference. you are going to get through this! i promise you, you will make it❤️

1 Like