Dealing with mental abuse

ive dealt with this sort of thing before and its gotten worse everyone being against me telling me i dont do anything when in doubt i do and its just ruining my mental state i feel like im not in control anymore my parents my grandmother and people outside of this family is hating on me for no reason. I have nobody to turn to and its been like this for so long though it got better but dropped to being worse im at a dead end in my life and need serious help cause i have nobody else to support me besides my wife and kids

4 Likes

@emoamy666
Sounds like you’re in a bad place, do you live with your parents and grandmother?
Or do they live with you?
Have you tried to share with them how persecuted you feel? Perhaps if you can arrange a time, when everyone is calm, to talk with them and share how deeply this is disturbing you. They may, try to turn it back around to you, but if you can remain calm and remind them that you wanted to talk about how Their words are hurting you and affecting your mental health. A very direct conversation can help everyone to understand each other, but I’d start with ground rules, about being courteous and respectful, and not interrupting the person talking. Another aspect of this is for the person to speak… you, and then after you’ve spoken to ask them to repeat what you’ve said, not exactly, but so you know they have understood what you are telling them, your point of view, and in your turn, you listen to each of them and repeat what they’ve said. That way, each of you is checking in to make sure the other person is, listening, and hopefully understanding. From there, once understanding is established, hopefully solutions can be found for everyone.
Conflict is tough to navigate, but if start calm, and stick to your ‘ground rules’ it is worth the effort. And sometimes it takes a lot of ‘give’ on everyone’s part to find the right solution for everyone. I hope you find the support you need. Peace.

1 Like

i live with both for right now but talking to my mom is so impossible she would make it worse i even was threatened that they were gonna call social services on me for not watching my grandmother carefully when i was but i havent slept or ate cause ive been worried and stressed over issues though my grandmother has supported me i asked help from a doctor which i will talk to tomorrow as i write this so i really want to get better and dealing with being pregnant too has been the hardest but ive managed as best as i can

1 Like

Hey @emoamy666 , @taylor dedicated a song to you during her live stream!

Hold Fast

2 Likes

i appreciate the support for this problem and i have talked to my doctor about it and i was given some medication and if things get worse ill talk with him over getting someone to talk to further about the issues im dealing with but so far things have calmed down

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.