Do I even try at this point?

There was this girl, she means so much to me and I love her with all of my heart, but when she found out, she couldn’t figure out how she felt about me. She rejected me and I had expected it, I’ve never met someone who wouldn’t have rejected me. Sure, I’ve been asked out a few times, but that was because I was the rebound, and the only reason that they had “wanted” me was because I was comforting them due to their recent break up. I didn’t expect much from her after she had rejected me, but I still wanted to be her friend. She thought that not talking to me would protect me, but it only made things worse. For a whole month we hardly spoke and everyday just got longer and harder. I stopped caring about my grades, and the only reason I talked to my friends was to hide the fact that everything inside of me was just aching to fall apart. Then she started talking to me again and I guess feelings were starting to develop, it was like a dream, but of course when dreaming you have to wake up. She stopped answering my phone calls and texts again. I don’t know what to do, She made me realize I wasn’t happy, at all, where I was in my life. I know I’m not alone, but it feels like it. When I’m with her, I don’t feel alone, I feel like I have a purpose, but now she’s gone again.

1 Like

Im sorry that you are going through this. Have you tried talking to her about it. Maybe shes a little nervous or shes just a little lost her self. Give it sometime and if its meant to be it will be …Dont be so let down and hard on yourself .Time heals everything💗

@Justh3re,

I’m so sorry friend. I feel what you just shared. It’s really hard when those feelings are not reciprocal. You can’t control it and I understand that it’s really intense to you right now. We can’t really know how your relationship is going to be from now but you’ll certainly both need time to heal. I wish you to find some peace in this situation and, until then, for what it’s worth this community is still here for you.

It’s hard not to think that your entire world is falling apart when you feel rejected by someone you care about. We can be tempted to see our whole life as being pointless and worthless. Like you said, it’s like you find a purpose and it’s been taken away from you. But no matter how your relationships are, it doesn’t invalidate your own life. When we’re in love, it’s hard not to see the world through the eyes of our beloved one as they mean the world to us. But you also are a person, a unique individual with a unique story. Nothing can change this. And even if you’ve already been rejected in the past, it doesn’t mean there’s a curse in your life that will make you experience the same situation over and over.

I really wish, to both of you, that things will go as smooth as possible from now. I hope you’ll find ways to communicate and make the right choices.

I’m aware that it’s not going to fix everything to say this, but know that you’re not alone right now.

Hold fast. :heart: