Doing well

The last 8 days with my dad have been a great bonding experience for us both. For the past several years me and my dad always fought but these least 8 days brought us closer together as father and daughter. We have bonded so much it’s just so amazing. We even planning future trips together to places like Reno and Hawaii. I’m happy to be able to help my father heal after his surgery now. I finally realized I have plenty of time to start my career but right now I have to do what impotent-help my dad heal from his surgery as best as I can

7 Likes

That’s great news! I lost my dad before we had a chance to reconcile. You have given each other a gift of love that will always exist.

1 Like

That’s so great that you are having that bonding time. I love spending time with my mom. I hope I can one day have that moment with my father as well.
I think it’s highly commendable that you are realizing how precious that time is. It’s time that doesn’t come back and it really is the most important thing in life.

2 Likes

@RickyP That’s wonderful that you have been able to restore your relationship with your dad. I love that you have the chance to do things together and to help your dad as he recovers from surgery.

3 Likes

Hi RickyP. I am so glad that you are doing well. Its amazing that you have been able to restore the relationship with your father and realised how important it is for you. I am so proud of you and i am glad you are bonding with your father and helping him while he is ill. You are such a wonderful person :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey @RickyP,
I’m really glad to hear that you are bonding with your father again. It takes courage, forgiveness, and also a great deal of patience to bond with someone you’ve known so well and have been growing apart from. I don’t know the relationship you have with your father growing up, but I know that often times we see them as someone different than who they are. That just has to do with our worldview. They’re either the long distant father figure, the superhero, or sometimes the bad guy… but we often forget to see them as “human”. The fact that you’re creating and growing your relationship with him is showing that you’re interested in who he is as a person. And I’m happy that you realise he’s important to you! I wish you and your father a lot of opportunities to grow your relationship even stronger and that your father will recover well from his surgery! :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

@RickyP,

It is so good to hear that your relationship with your dad is getting better despite the challenges you’ve both been facing. There are life circumstances during which nothing else matters but the love and care we can have for one another. I’m so glad you both get to know this special moment as it sounds to be the beginning of a new dynamic for you two. Absolutely beautiful and precious. Thank you for sharing these updates. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like