Don’t know what to title this

I don’t have much motivation as I have a sad countenance everywhere I go. Feeling trapped as I have don’t express myself to other people as I’m shy.

5 Likes

Hi @Ed495

Welcome :hrtlegolove:

You are welcomed to talk about anything that is on your heart here, if you’d like to share. This is a safe place where you will not be judged. You will be seen and heard. :hrtlegolove:

Sorry to hear, I can relate to having difficulty expressing feelings. Honestly a lot of the time I don’t even know what I’m feeling, and have trouble verbalizing emotion. This has built up from many years of suppressing feelings with either behaviors or substances. It’s like a disconnect between the heart and mind. I am healing myself and am currently free from all self-destructive addictions. But the path to re-connect with emotions is a tough journey. It’s like the subconscious has worked hard for so long to keep many things “underground” “hidden” undetected by the conscious. It had a job to protect us from a perceived threat or danger. ( When there actually was no danger in feeling those feelings )

Working on self is a journey requiring lots of courage, bravery and persistence. Often groping in the dark not quite knowing the next step. But we just keep moving forward with our self-care routines.
Fruitage grows on our tree - I used to be very shy when I was younger and had a very active “inner life”, observing everyone. But staying introverted and keeping my inner life private inside my mind.

I commend your bravery for sharing here and hope we can assist you on your self-healing journey.
The feeling of being trapped is common. But bringing the darkness into the light often breaks through that trap. Opening the gates to the love and support of others. We are here for you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.