Don't know who I am

My depression and anxiety have dramatically gotten better since Ive started dealing with it through therapy but I feel lost and I don’t know who I am and it’s bringing back my depression and idk what to do any advice?

2 Likes

Well it’s good that things are starting to improve. That’s huge!

If you find yourself slipping again, I would speak to your therapist about what’s going on. What all has you feeling lost? Is it just that you don’t know who you are?

What sort of things make you happy?
What do you feel passionate about?
What are some things that you want to achieve in your present and future?
Where would you like to see yourself in 1, 5 and 10 years?
What things truly make you feel at best with yourself?
What are some things that make you YOU? What kind of person are you?

For me it’s, art. I enjoy learning new mediums and creating things. I like being involved in creative community. I am passionate about that and helping others. Making a mark in places that mean something to me. Like the world of mental health. I would like to learn more so I can grow in my artistic journey and do more to advocate and help the world of mental health. I believe in letting people be their true selves. Live and let live. Spread compassion. I love writing and sending gifts and encouragement to others. I hope to build my home surrounded by books, art, music and close friends. I hope to travel, take photos, make creative scrapbooks and artistic stories of my adventures. Share my art with the world.

These are some of the things that make me. And things I would like to do. What sort of things make YOU? And what kinds of things can you do to embrace that?

We are always growing, learning, evolving, changing. Follow your heart in the things that make you most happy and embrace those things. Surround yourself by people who posses qualities that you admire. You are more likely to strengthen and gain those qualities yourself by being around others with them. They say that you are most like, those you surround yourself with. It’s true. Which is why I have filtered my social circles and selective about the type of people I involve with. It leads to feeling happier. And could greatly help in how you are feeling.

You have a friend who cares. Much love you my friend. Stay strong.

• Kitty
1 Like