Doubts and Loneliness

I feel incredibly lonely. I’ve had a lot of loss in my life in the last 6 months. I thought that was The main reason I feel the way I do. Now I’ve come to terms with the loss and I’m still in a very deep rut. I don’t want to hurt myself, but I feel like everything I do is pointless and that no one understands. Hell I don’t understand. I have great friends, but I don’t mention anything because I don’t wanna be that guy. I do things to chase that feeling of not being lonely, drinking, girls, surrounding myself in big group events, but as soon as I’m by myself I almost instantly feel down. Like I’m not good enough. A ton of self doubt, and zero motivation. Something is missing in my life. I’m sad and tired of trying to rely on other people to fill the void.
This is mainly just me venting but thank you.

5 Likes

I think you depending on other for your validation. Lately, been feeling the same, where my close decided to leave me. Right now, I’m feeling that intense lonely , without her validation.

I don’t we where taught enough to validation ourselves, depend on other to make us happy alittle too much.

Try going for a mindful walk sometime, it help out a lot.

2 Likes

Hi @Justin

Welcome to Heart Support and thank you for posting :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you’re suffering from loneliness, it’s not an easy thing to experience. I have chronic loneliness and can relate to some of what you’ve talked about. Even surrounded by loving friends, laughing and having a great time, there is this disconnect from them and as soon as you are alone the loneliness creeps back in. When we are alone, we feel it intensely.

I watched this video awhile back and thought I’d share it with you. It might answer some questions and give you some ideas. Take care :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hello Justin,
first welcome to Heart Support and thank you reaching out with your toughts.
Sorry to hear of your losses and feeling the loneliness.
I often feel lonely and it can hurt a lot.
A therapy can help you a lot or a self help group, sharing experiences and also share yours is a good
thing. To come out of that feeling is sometimes hard, but try to do activities that keep your mind from
working. A walk outside with seeing the beauty of nature, do little things and remind yourself of doing them.
then your motivation will come back, maybe writing a journal would be something for you. also talk about
it, it often sound cliche but it helps a lot. step by step, even little ones matter.
My toughts are with you my friend, have a nice day and feel hugged,
Greetings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.