Dump of my mental health

ive never really told anyone all my problems before. and so I thought it would be good for me to just get everything off my chest. so here is my journey with my mental health I guess. the first time I tried to take my life was when I was in second grade. i don’t think I fully understood what I was doing but I knew if I did it I would be gone. that year I also started having panic attacks all the time. i don’t really remember a lot from that time and I think I just mostly blocked it out. the first time I had an eating disorder was when I was in fourth grade. again I don’t think I realized I had an eating disorder until like a few years ago when I relapsed. but after that I just became super depressed and had crazy social anxiety and completely changed my personality to get away from my problems. then once covid hit I fully realized that I was mentally ill and that I had been for a long time. i tried to take my life again, relapsed, and started sh. i started to get better once i found something to latch onto but my problems never went away. since then i relapsed again with my ed and am still dealing with that. i have seriously considered taking my life three times, and have a healthier (still bad but not as bad as before) sh coping mechanism. I’m still struggling a lot and no one sees it. but I’m trying to get better. if you read this I’m sorry. i just really needed to let this out. thanks

5 Likes

Hi Friend. Thank you for sharing your story here. It takes a lot of courage to share things that we often try to hide from the world. I want to tell you that I’m so glad you’re here. Your life, your story and your journey are all so incredibly important. I’m glad that you’ve found this community. There are so many amazing people here who would love to support you and walk alongside you through your journey. Welcome in, friend.

1 Like

First, thank you so much for sharing this with us! That’s a really young age to be dealing with such heavy thoughts and feelings. I can relate. It seems that some people attribute suicidality to the struggles of adulthood, but in reality, it can hit anyone at any point in life, for no reason, or for no reason at all - and that is valid! It’s great to hear that you’ve worked on some means of coping. You’re always welcome to talk about it here whenever you need to be heard.

1 Like

Hi there @terrymeowgrr,

Wow, this is so much to go through and I can only imagine how hard this all is. Dealing with all of this, going into COVID, and handling replaces is an incredible challenge, and I’m proud of your perseverance. It sounds like you’re still going through a lot, but I’m glad to see that you’re making an effort into continuing to improve your mental health. We see and hear you, and are so glad that you’re here, sharing with us. Thank you again for sharing.

<3 Tuna

Welcome, @terrymeowgrr ,

Hi friend. We see you’re struggling, and I personally want you to know you are so much stronger than you realize. It’s taken great bravery to come here and share your story with us. I’m so sorry you’ve been going through so much.

You’ve had a lot happen to you for so long, since second grade. I know that was a long time ago, but are you aware of anything that might have triggered that attempt? Or what possibly could have continued your disorders and self harm? You don’t have to share anything you’re not comfortable with, of course.

I know you said that you were working on everything and ‘trying to get better’. Have you tried speaking to a counselor about how you’ve been doing? They may be able to help provide insight, and help aide in your recovery. I’m hoping that you can continue to find relief and a safe space here at HeartSupport to continue talking to us all.

It’s very nice to meet you @terrymeowgrr , thank you for sharing today. We’ll always be here for you, whenever you need us. :heart: