DyllonKG Fan #5

I feel worthless today because even though I’m really lonely at my new college in my new city I am too scared to try and make friends and talk to people because I feel like I’m not good enough, like I’ll just scare them away and there’s no use trying because I feel like I’m invisible and there’s no reason any new people would want to be my friend because most of the time it feels like they don’t even see me unless I accidentally bump into someone or something.

Hi friend!

I can totally understand those feelings. I have gone through and still go through them regularly. It’s so important that we don’t give into those lies that we tell ourselves. “I’m not good enough” or “Nobody will like me for X reason” - Be gentle with yourself my friend. You are important. You matter. You are valued. You deserve and are worthy of love and friendship.

I know putting yourself out there is not always easy. It can be very scary. Slow steps. Start off small. Like, saying hello to the people you go by. Tell someone you hope they have a good day. Offer to help someone out. Small things that can easily start a conversation. You never know who you may meet.

See someone around that seems shy or quiet? Someone who seems nervous? Go up to them and offer them a friendly greeting.

Are there groups or clubs that you can join that are of interest to you? Where you can find people who have things in common with you?

I know it’s scary, but try not to beat down on yourself so much. Give yourself more love and credit.

I hope that you are able to find strength and courage and that you find people to get involved with that make you feel better.

We are here to support you if you need a safe place.

• Kitty
1 Like

Thank you so much for posting on here. You are NOT worthless by any means. You are loved. I feel for you because I have social anxiety and it takes awhile for me to meet new people or even engage with other people. So, you are never alone in this struggle and I want you to know that. You have lots of friends, including me with everyone in this community. You ARE good enough.

Hold Fast. We Believe In You.

1 Like

Breathe and take it one step at a time. Letting fear affect your decision making can be a slippery slope. You dont need to try to make friends with multiple people at once; you can always start slow with one- or two if you’re feeling exceptionally brave.

We all have that feeling like we’re a ghost & no one can see us. I have that feeling a lot. You’re not alone with that feeling.

1 Like