Encouragement for Today

This was a page in a book I’m reading called A Gentle Reminder (by Briana Sparacino)
I know others need to see it as much as I did. :heart:

If no one told you this today, let this be your reminder.
You are needed here.
And I understand how hollow those words can feel when you’re trying to balance all that is heavy within you. I understand how difficult it can be to trust in your healing before you see it, before you experience it. But the way you feel right now? It is okay. Do not feel ashamed for this season of your life, do not feel like you need to apologize for finding it difficult to access your hope or your belief or your will right now. And while I know you may feel like things are never going to get better - what if they do? While i know you think you are never going to fall in love - what if you do? While i know you think there isn’t any beauty left in this universe for you - but what if there is? What if there is?
Stay here.
Stay here because that is truly the only way you are going to see that life does get better, that the pain does subside, that you will learn how to bear the weight of living, and loving, and hurting, and growing in the mess and in the awe of this existence. Stay here because you never know what tomorrow is going to bring, you never know what experiences are waiting for you on the other side of your fight.

3 Likes

Hi FrenziedFire, and thank you for posting this passage. It is what I needed to read today, and I have to admit to shedding a couple of tears.

Although I have come a long way since getting clean four years ago, I can feel another high starting to ebb into a low. It is good to remember that these feelings are okay, and I don’t have to apologise for struggling sometimes. I have always struggled to access hope; being reminded that things do get better again helps very much.

For another day, I choose to stay here.

Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

Welcome to heart support!
Thank you for sharing these lovely words and encouragement.
It’s not always easy to see light when there feels like so much darkness weighs on us, but that thought of hope can be powerful

Love these words, @FrenziedFire. Not only it gives hope a chance and the benefit of the doubt, but it’s also just a gentle reminder that it is okay to feel and to not be okay at a given time. It’s just essential to not let it be the source of conclusions that would be damaging, and prevent us from living better times. :heart: I hope you take good care of yourself as well. Taking time off your day to share words of encouragement is very kind and appreciated. Thank you.

These are absolutely amazing words, FrenziedFire! It’s truly inspiring especially on days when we truly need it. Thank you so much for sharing!