EugeniaCooney Fan #12

The love of my life is drifting away and doesn’t know what he wants. I feel like I’m not enough and it hurts thinking I’ll lose him forever.

Listen I want you to sit with him and explain how you feel. Be honest with each other. There are people in this community that have gone through this also. I want to say you are not alone. Being honest can be the strongest thing you can ever do. Honesty is a big part of love. Being real. It can mean the world to someone. If he leaves know you are enough. You are worth it. You are not alone.

Hold Fast
Morgan Hochstetler
MorganVinHoch
HS Intern

He’s a Marine in Japan and I’m in Fl. He’s been gone two years and is staying two more. He won’t even let me call him. He wants his own space and to just focus on work.

1 Like

I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing and being honest. Stay stronge and what ever you think you need to do in order that is the healthiest thing to do… do it.

I’m so sorry you are going through watching someone you care about drift away. It happens when people grow and change, but it’s never easy. You are valuable and valid, just the way you are. If your love needs time to see where he fits in this world, he may need time to see if he fits in your life, and I know that can feel daunting and scary. Wherever he ends up, you are worthy of someone who chooses you to be in their life. Hold fast.

Hi. I chose to respond to you because I’ve been in your shoes before. I understand that you may be scared and lost. But I want you to know that you’re not alone and that your worth doesn’t depend on anyone but you. You’re a human and you deserve the best there is. You’re enough and you’re worthy of unconditional love. If you haven’t spoken to him about this yet, you should. If you have and it hasn’t made a difference, please understand that you deserve the best there is. There’s someone out there who will love you no matter what and it’s worth finding that than to spend your love on someone who doesn’t. You’re amazing and I hope this helps.

Hey there,
I immediately could relate to your post. I myself was in the Marines and had a long term girlfriend while I was serving. Sometimes it is a lot to handle, especially with the distance involved. I will say that it shouldn’t be to a point where he doesn’t want to talk to you. Like others have said, people do change, and I know it hurts. If it is meant to be though, he will be back at some point and realize it. My best advice would be to give him the space he requests, but also to prevent yourself from just waiting around. If you do speak with him, just be honest and ask what he wants from the relationship. It may not be the answer you’re looking for, but it may give you some necessary closure. I honestly hope for the best though. Thank you for being brave enough to share, and welcome to our community. If you ever need to speak, feel free to message me.