EugeniaCooney Fan #122

My LDR boyfriend of a year told me he loved me and wanted to move in with me and then within a week ghosted me without warning and told me to fuck off

I am so sorry this happened to you. I can’t imagine what you are going through right now. Feeling completely abandoned by this person who has been so important to you for the last year. It doesn’t seem fair.

It must be so frustrating to have no idea what could have changed within such a small period of time, and to feel so completely lost and worthless, because if this person who is supposed to love you has treated you this way, what does that say about you?

I know it’s so easy to pick yourself apart and to feel like there must be something wrong with you, but the truth is, the way people treat you is a reflection of them NOT you. The fact that he could ghost you and disrespect you in this way shows that he’s not worthy of the goodness you have to give. The truth is that you didn’t do anything to deserve this treatment and you are more than enough. You are important and deserve love.

Hey Friend,

I want to say welcome to the Heart Support forums! You are welcome here, your life matters, and your story matters! I want you to know that I am so so glad that you reached out, and I’m so glad that you are alive! I’m so glad that you had the courage to reach out, because I’ll be honest sometimes that’s the hardest step to make!

Your life matters, and you are loved, and you are important! And I’m so glad that you are alive! This world wouldn’t be better without you! You were made in God’s image, and you have a purpose here!

I am so so so sorry. Long distance relationships are really hard, and although my situation wasn’t exactly this, I was ghosted by my bf of ldr as well. And it freaking sucks. But this happening doesn’t determine your worth. You are so so loved, and you matter, and you deserve so much better! Please don’t feel like this is your end, don’t let this defeat you! It’s going to take time to heal, and that’s okay don’t rush it, just please know that this isn’t your end, and you are so loved! I’m so sorry you went through this, and sending you all the virtual hugs!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It!

Love Always,
Monkey

Hi I saw your message and wanted to reach out. I know this pain, I have been where you are before. It’s hard to move on when you’ve spent so much time with someone and they flip a switch. Try to focus on the positivity the relationship brought you. What you learned, how you grew and what positive influences he brought. Unfortunately we cannot change people’s thoughts and decisions. If he has flipped like this, it is not worth it to expend energy on him. He doesn’t deserve your focus. Take care of yourself and your needs. Focus on how you can revitalize your well-being. You deserve it. And your heart will heal. I promise that time, self-love and helping others will heal any pain you have. You are strong and can get through this. :purple_heart: