EugeniaCooney Fan #126

I wss sitting in a room full of people and I just didnt feel like I belonged there

1 Like

i was college when this happened. I have always been in a music scene no matter where I lived and I was invited to a party. All these people were drinking and doing this that I did not at all feel comfortable around. I felt I did not belong at all. I got myself out of there right away. I called up a friend I knew and told them I rather be with someone I feel comfortable than a place I know i will go no where in.

Sometimes we need to take hard choices and leave places we do not belong. It can be the healthiest thing we can do.

I want you to also know you are not alone in this community though. You are loved. You are wanted. You are valued.

I hope this response brings you comfort.

Hold Fast
Morgan Hochstetler
@MorganVinHoch
HS Intern

1 Like

I experienced the same thing last night. I was invited to a party and whwn I arrived I knew I was welcomed, but I didn’t feel like I should be there. It didn’t feel like I was intruding, just that I was out of place. Whatever the situation, there is someone else feeling the same way. You may feel alone in that room, but looking past it there are thousands upon thousands that will welcome you, after all, you found heartsupport. We are but a fraction of that welcoming and supporting force. We will always do our best to be there for you and help you feel like you belong.

1 Like

As someone who is constantly moving and suffers from Anxiety, I completely understand. But I promise you, you do belong to be there, just like everyone else. We are all human, and no one is more important then anyone else. My dad would always tell me “we all bleed red”. And whenever this exact thing happens to me, I repeat it to myself over and over until I feel better. I may have to do it a few times during my stay in my location, but it helps.

I really hope this helps you. Remember, you matter and you do belong. We all bleed red.

1 Like