EugeniaCooney Fan #162

In a crowd full of people

2 Likes

Deep breaths, my friend.

List 10 things you see in front of you.

Take 5 deep breaths

You won’t be in the big crowd forever. It will pass. And if you can, when you are in a large crowd and feel overwhelmed ask a friend who is with you if they will go the the bathroom with you, or go by yourself and just sit in the stall and calm yourself before you have to go back into the crowd. I know, not the most sanitary thing to do, but it will give you a second to relax and gather yourself and calm yourself down. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate your support.

3 Likes

Hey, I get a little panicky in crowds as well, here are a few things that help me when I start to panic:

• Box breathing- breathe in for 4 seconds, hold the air in for 4 seconds, breathe out for 4 seconds, then hold there for four seconds. This helps to focus your mind on your breathing and it helps lower your heart rate and blood pressure.

• Grounding- Name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can hear, 3 things you can touch, 2 things you can smell, and 1 thing you can taste.

• sensory overload also makes me anxious, idk if its the same for you, but that is mainly why being in crowds is hard for me, so I also keep headphones with me when I am in a crowd so I can just put them in and listen to some music I like to help calm me down.

I hope this helps!
Hannah Presley

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips.

It’s just that my path requires me to socialize, because I’m a vocalist.
It’s mainly an offstage anxiety.

2 Likes

@tcc

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you will figure out of how to handle it.