EugeniaCooney Fan #227

I can’t keep friends. I always put the effort out to everyone else, but no one will even try to see how I am. If I voice my struggles all it does is cause a fight with my husband. I’m going through post partom depression. My daughter is 5 months old and I barely get any help with her. I get so mad at myself for getting impatient when I can’t figure out why she’s crying. I don’t really have any family and the ones I do talk to are a hour away. I feel alone, worthless, and i just wanna give up.

I’m sorry that you’re going through this, it sounds super rough.
If your husband isn’t supporting you, you need to sit down and talk to him, no matter how hard it is - you deserve to be supported and loved through this. I know an hour seems like a long way, but are those people able to come and meet you once a week, or once every few weeks? It would be beneficial to you, in my own opinion, to have that contact. You’re not alone and you’re not worthless, it’s about finding ways to connect with the people you have around you, and talking to your husband, it can be hard, but staying calm even if he tries to argue is super important. Please don’t give up, this community is here for you - we will help you however we can.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

Hi friend. PP is really hard to deal with. I have a few friends that have gone through it. It’s so important to have the proper support. I agree with Kayla, you may need to sit down and have a civil gentle conversation with your husband and express some of what you are feeling and thinking.

Do it in a moment that you are calm and relaxed. It’s the easiest way to communicate to others. So that they can be receiving. Communication is hard when it’s done when you’re upset. And hopefully your husband will be gracious and understanding of your feelings. It’s important to look out for one another and be aware of each other’s feelings.

Post Partom is a very real thing that many mommas go through. So educate your husband and family gently on what it is and what that means for you and what you need as support while working through it.

I hope that it works out for you my friend because I know how hard it is. I’m sorry that you’re struggling right now. Know that we care. You’re feelings are valid! No matter what people say. You’re feelings are important.

Much love

• Kitty
1 Like

I’ve tried talking to my husband multiple times. He’s the type of guy that spends way to much time with video games. If I try explaining that I have no one and I need him, all it does is cause fights. He has made me feel like absolute trash. When I was pregnant we had fought about something, I don’t even remember what and he said he hoped I cried myself to sleep every night. Some days he makes me feel so damn special and I feel so amazing. Then other days I swear he doesn’t give a crap about me. Every time we fight he threatens to leave me or throws my horrible past in my face. I don’t know what to do because I love him. I know he loves me but he needs to grow up. Everyone says to leave him but I’m afraid if I do…he’s not gonna want me back. I’ve never loved anyone like I do him and no one’s made me feel like he does. He’s helped me get through some of the hardest parts of my life.

1 Like