EugeniaCooney Fan #328

I jus feel horrible, I’m jus suddenly excessively low…I’ve been battling against multiple things, trying not to spiral back down I’m trying my best to keep my life on track but I feel like I’m stuck in the same spot I’m honestly not getting anywhere I’m jus getting lower and lower I’m trying my best not to allow it but I still end up feeling shitty like this …

1 Like

Hey friend. I get it. I have been finding myself in a similar cycle. I know how hard it can be when things are stressful. Especially when you have multiple things pulling at you at once.

Friend, try to turn your focus to the things you can control now. Make a list of what you can do to help work on those things and tackle them as you can or one thing at a time. I know I often allow myself to over stress things out of my control, and it causes me to spiral even more. Remember not to over stress those things. We can’t do anything about what we can’t control. Just do what you can with what you can.

Prioritize the things that are most important to you, or in need of being done sooner than later. I try to work through a list of things one at a time. If you need to take a break between, do what you need. What sort of things make you feel good along the way? Coffee? Quick hang out with a friend? Couple rounds of your favorite video game? Art? What can you work on between what you need to do to help refresh your mind?

I know it can be hard moving forward. Ive been feeling pretty stuck myself. And I often get so down on myself that I just want to sleep. But we have to try our best to pull ourselves out of those kinds of cycles. In whatever way we can. By doing the things that feel good for us, hanging with friends, maybe seeing a therapist…or even things like meditation.

You are not alone my friend. I don’t know your situation so I know this is probably all over the place. I just want you to know that I see you and hear you. I get it. You matter and I hope that you are able to find something that allows you some inner peace, strength to keep moving forward and the courage to take on the battles you need to face to reach your goals. You are loved and cared for here <3

• Kitty
2 Likes

Sorry you are experiencing a tough spot right now. I too have been stuck. I understand the frustration. Inside you desperately want change but the rest of you seems unable to follow what you want.

I use to battle with a lot of shame and guilt when I got stuck. Like why cant I just will power thru this… just suck it up be strong like everyone else. I still have days where I beat myself up for it. But in trauma therapy I did learn an important thing which helped me to forgive myself when I got stuck.

I dont know everything you’ve been through in life but maybe something will click and you’ll see where maybe some point in your life where maybe you were taught to respond this way.

My therapist said if an animal can run from a predator it will. If it cant their body goes limp… or play dead mode… freezes up or she called it collapse mode.

I learned from my abuse at a young age since I couldn’t escape my abusers to collapse … freeze up… and it became an instinct way to respond to fearful or overwhelming feelings I feel I cant escape from.

Maybe that will help you one not feel bad with yourself when you find yourself stuck. Hopefully find compassion and understanding for yourself when it happens.

I’ve been stuck for awhile now and yesterday I let my therapist know how bad it was and said I really need help. It’s hard for me to ask for help. She is going to put me in a group program that’s all day 8 hours a day that works on being able to stay in my body hold the pain I’m feeling yet stay functional. I’m hoping this will be the key to getting myself unstuck.

Do you have a therapist or anyone you can talk to about any programs or resources that you can utilize that might give you the tools and support to help you get unstuck? I’m always here to listen. My heart goes out to you reach out if you need to talk. I care …we all care on this forum. Hopefully we can be a hand that helps you climb out of the rabbit hole.

2 Likes