EugeniaCooney Fan #350

Well I told my friend how I felt I told her about why a don’t like my name and she’s said don’t be negative. She’s allowed to vent and I’m not! She’s allowed to be negative all the time crying whining and she doesn’t get her way. I finally blocked her. I’m done!

2 Likes

Yikes, sounds like you’ve got some tension in your friendship. That’s rough. I am sorry.

It’s okay to not like your name. I don’t like my birth name either. For a lot of reasons. So I have gone by a nickname for many years. Some people don’t even know that my nickname isn’t actually my birth name and I plan to legally change it eventually so that I can update it to officially be my name.

Hey, it’s okay to feel how you do and I am sorry that your friend wasn’t more open to that. It sucks when your friends vent to you but then when you vent they hold it against you or are not available. That really is a bummer.

Maybe when things feel less heated you guys can talk calmly about how you feel and why? Maybe you could tell her that it hurts that she calls you negative for having a feeling when you try to listen to her vent when she needs to. Is it possible to be open to each other and talk it out?

I know sometimes we have to move on from friendships that are not healthy. But sometimes friendships just run into hardships. It’s normal. All relationships do and we work through them. Do you think it’s possible to be open to forgiveness and just trying to grow and learn how to better be open to each other?

I’m sorry this happened friend. If you want to talk more about it, were here.

• Kitty

This is me. I just updated through the number. She’ll never get it. It’s hard to explain things to her. She’s a mean ugly controlling soul.

1 Like

That’s really a bummer. I’m sorry friend. But, hey. I’ve been there. Sometimes it can be really healthy to just filter through our friends list. I do this every long while where I just clean out my social media pages. I unfollow people on twitter that I don’t really need in my feed or has tenancy to post negative stuff. I clear people off my facebook that I don’t really feel need to be there. I have had to block and distant from people that just werent feeling like a productive relationship. And I have had to remove people that simply were toxic, angry and childish.

It happens sometimes. It can be really refreshing to just release from that sometimes. I’m sorry that it had to end that way but I hope that now maybe by distancing from her, you will feel better about yourself. Because your feelings DO matter and it IS okay to not like your name <3

Hi friend,

It’s not an easy thing to block someone, but it sounds that there was a lack of reciprocity between you two that has been weighing on you for a certain time now. Sometimes some boundaries has to be set, and it’s the healthiest thing to do. I wish there could have been a possibility for you to discuss, but that doesn’t sound to be an option. Your choice has to be respected. Hopefully this could be an opportunity for her to think about it and learn the best from this situation.

As this happened recently, and as sometimes we can feel differently after taking this kind of decision, just know that if you ever need to talk or vent, you can always do it here.

Take care.