EugeniaCooney Fan #354

I’m having eating issues and I need help to be healthy. My mom also needs help with her eating issues. I’m not sure what to do and I feel like I can’t tell people what I’m going through because I’m afraid they won’t understand.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting, it sounds like you and your mom are really going through a lot. Sharing with others and being vulnerable can be really scary, especially when you aren’t sure how they will receive the news, or if they will be supportive. You will be met here with love, and understanding, and we do not pass judgement.

I encourage you to do what is best for you, your health, and your happiness. You matter, and your health matters. If there is anything we can do to support you, we would love to. In the meantime, I appreciate you sharing your experience here.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing here with us. I had an eating disorder many years ago and I can only imagine how hard it is to pursue healthy eating with the added stress of your mom needing help as well. I think that it is great that you are acknowledging it and also that you have a desire to be healthy and seek help. I don’t know if the people around you will be able to understand, but you may be surprised at how many people are able to be helpful and listen compassionately even if they may not completely understand. With mental health it is always scary to share with others because it’s so personal and still stigmatized in a lot of ways, but your health is very important! If you aren’t able to share with friends, feel free to share on this community as much as is helpful. We are here to listen and there are so many others who have gone through eating issues as well.HeartSupport has a link to 7 days of free counseling at this link in case that is helpful right now:
https://heartsupport.com/resources/

Therapy was very helpful for me to identify the thoughts and thought patterns that kept me in unhealthy patterns even years after I thought I was free of my eating disorder. I’m still working on it but it’s less overwhelming and constant these days. You got this!

1 Like