EugeniaCooney Fan #43

2 weeks ago I met a guy (I’m gay). We met and he was the nicest and sweetest thing before hand. He was also extremely nice and caring while I hung out with him. I’ve been struggling for the past week. One night he calls me. He tells me “I care so much about you, I really want you to succeed, I really want to be there for you, I can see you’re struggling and I really want to help and be there, I care so much”. He told me all of this. Then the next morning he texts me and tells me, he doesn’t remember anything he said the night before because he was drunk. My heart literally shattered into pieces. He says he wants to meet me again in a week or two, but I have this really awful sinking feeling 24/7 that one day he’s just going to block me and I’ll never see or talk to him again. I’m so scared. I guess I feel like I really don’t deserve him, I don’t think I’m worth anything. He has ignored
me a few times when I was trying to talk to him, so I am just so scared that I am going to lose this person like everyone else in my life. I don’t think I could handle losing another person right now. Even if it’s just someone I care about that I’ve known for two weeks. Do you think this guy has genuine feelings for me? Or do I think if he’s Ignoring me sometimes while on his phone that he really doesn’t care all that much?

1 Like

Gosh man there’s so many layers to this…to feel so quickly attached and then to have your heart literally SOAR and then crash and burn…that’s so devastating…to feel like your heart LONGS for someone to connect to, a place to find a home in, and then for it to literally get ripped away…AGAIN…it’s not just this guy it’s the dozens of times you’ve been abandoned, rejected, let down, and now this…it just feels like all of this pain is coming to a head, and you don’t know what to do with it besides desperately hope this will be different and feel devastated if it’s not…it feels like you don’t even know what else to do, each time makes you feel less and less worthy…

But friend that is not the truth of your worth…you are enough to be loved exactly as you are. I’m so sorry you’ve been abandoned time and again. That doesn’t reflect on who you are or what your worth is though. You are enough, you are worthy, you are loved. Truth, brother.

-Nate

Hey Friend,

I want to say welcome to the Heart Support forums! You are welcome here, your life matters, and your story matters! I want you to know that I am so so glad that you reached out, and I’m so glad that you are alive! I’m so glad that you had the courage to reach out, because I’ll be honest sometimes that’s the hardest step to make!

Your life matters, and you are loved, and you are important! And I’m so glad that you are alive! This world wouldn’t be better without you! You were made in God’s image, and you have a purpose here!

This is a tough situation, because it’s really hard to know, because unfortunately we are unable to predict the future! It’s really hard because you seem to genuinely care about this guy, but you don’t know if he cares about you in the same way. Especially after figuring out he only said what he did because he was drunk, it’s like does he mean anything he says.

And although this is probably not the answer you want, only time will tell. I encourage you if you really do care about this guy, and can potentially see a future with him, continue to talk with him, connect and get to know each other. You’ve only known each other for two weeks, so you guys still have a lot to learn about each other. And try to avoid letting your mind think that just because he doesn’t respond that he doesn’t like you, or he’s ignoring you, because there is a good possibility that he is just busy!

Don’t give up my friend! You are loved, and you matter!

Hold Fast! You’re Worth It!

Love Always,
Monkey

I’m sorry to hear you are going thru all this but and I know it’s gonna be a bit difficult being left and abandoned so many times but it is too soon to feel so attached to someone. To yearn for someone can be very difficult but keep your head up there are people that care about you and are willing to talk this thru with you. You are not alone

I’m a 35 year old army veteran who lives alone. My stream is about the only thing that keeps me going, not just because of the war i was in but also because of many failed relationships that have left me broken. I hear you. You’re not alone. I dont know what words of encouragement I can offer except to keep fighting. Because it is all for nothing if you don’t.