Everyone says they want me alive, but never give me a reason to stay

Roughly a week ago, I told one of my last few friends I was debating suicide, I was lonely, and it was a last ditch effort to find any reason to stay alive, he responded with a paragraph about all the reasons I should rethink my decision, and other people who I thought hated me also reached out thanks to him. He talked me out of it, and I thought that maybe now that other people in my friend group understood my feelings, I would be better accepted. That was not the case, as here I am a week later, none of the people who claimed to care about how lonely I felt ever made a single effort to talk to me, play a game with me on steam, or even send me a fucking meme on discord. No one tried to interact with me after they realized there weren’t any consequences to it. It feels like people only tell me “stay alive” They don’t give me a reason to “be alive.”

4 Likes

I feel the same way at most times but then I think there’s a reason for me to be here even though I may not know the reason that is enough to struggle through the day and carry on and here on HP you have plenty of friends who are willing to help for in the last year that that I have been on here someone is always willing to help give a caring word even though I don’t personally know you I care for you and I want you to live for I know how hard suicide is on family because I struggle to the effect each and every day so my friend be safe and have a blessed day

1 Like

I think there’s something wrong with those people, because your’e person too and you aren’t just for them,you have a life of your own.
Let me give you a reason, that’s good enough for me:
YOu are a human being who is actually cared about by people. They want you to live, because your’e YOU.
Let me tell you something else: You are experiencing loneliness. Loneliness is not always defined as the state of feeling lonely.
Somebody said this:
“Loneliness causes people to feel empty, alone, and unwanted. People who are lonely often crave human contact, but their state of mind makes it more difficult to form connections with other people. Loneliness, according to many experts, is not necessarily about being alone. Instead, if you feel alone and isolated, then that is how loneliness plays into your state of mind.”
That sounds like what you described to me.
A reason for you to live is because YOU ARE UNIQUE. I can already tell.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.