Ex bff not the same

I just started talking to my ex bff which i’m now very unsure about bc she is being completely rude all bc i wanted to say sorry an try to get stuff in the past delt with which i don’t think she wants to do that at all

4 Likes

Sometimes, when we are ready to fix a friendship the other person might not be ready too. If your friend is being rude with you, it might be a good idea to give her space and tell her if she wants to talk about it, you will be there. That’s really all you can do, you can’t force her to listen or be friends again.

I hope you two work things out tho :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that this has happened. It’s hard when friendships fall apart. Sometimes even when we want to make amends and apologise, the other person isn’t ready. Everyone has their own healing journey and some people find it easier to do that on their own. It doesn’t mean that the friendship you had was all for nothing or that you can’t forgive yourself if you feel you have to say sorry. It just means that this chapter is closing and creating a path to a new one. Take it easy on yourself

1 Like

Hey friend. It is really nice of you to want to apologize to your ex bff, and it really shows that you have the best intentions in mind. Unfortunately, apologies are both about the person sharing them and the person receiving them. I dont know what happened between you and your ex friend, but it sounds that they are not ready at the moment to get in touch again and consider your apologies. They may be ready another time, they may not want it at all anymore. I’m sorry that you have to deal with this for now. Although I would like to encourage you to listen to what your intuition tells you when you say that she probably don’t want any of this, would probably need to be on her own, and for you to respect her boundaries on that matter. If you would like, you could share here what you wanted to tell her. Of course it is not the same, but if you need it to be somewhere, this is a safe place too. You’re loved. <3

3 Likes

Hey HorseLover (nice nickname btw)! As Mystrose said, when we are ready to fix a friendship the other person might not be ready too. It’s also possible that they’re just instinctively trying to “protect themselves” from whatever happened in the past, and that can sometimes come across as rude. If you haven’t done so already, I’d suggest telling them directly what it is you want to do (“hey, I wanted to talk about xxxx and sort things out between us”) instead of hoping that they understand that’s what you want to do just from your actions. Then at least you will know for certain what it is they want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi sorry to hear about that hope everything goes well I could suggest getting everything off your chest and eventually backing out if things are starting to get rough surround yourself with good vibes hope everything gets better!

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this and i am glad you are being a better and bigger person by wanting to fix or have closure on things. But sometimes things happen for a reason and remove people in order for you to find bette ones who actually care for you. And hopefully that person can come into your life.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.