Exciting update....maybe?

Well here is the update yall have been waiting for I finally found a place interested in hiring me :raised_hands: I have a job interview at 4:30 next Tuesday!! I am excited but also nervous. This would be the first time I have gotten this far in 3 years. I have debated on whether or not I should even share quite yet bc Im still not quite sure on whether or not I am actually going to get this job. Im hoping I do bc well…the sooner the better but im also not too sure…See the one of the availability requirements were overnight and my mom says i need to make sure I can get daytime hours due to me not having a license yet and having to take the city bus. Im just not to sure that would look great on me if I told that to the hiring team. At the same time tho I really don’t want to be stuck with hours I can’t do. So should I mention this at the interview? Or should I wait till I get hired? It even said in the job description that exact hours aren’t guaranteed…so I may have goofed… Hopefully I am able to pull this off.

Wish me luck :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Hi Andy,
this is an exciting update. I wish you all the best for your interview, i am sure you will do good.

Don’t get to nervous, just be yourself and try to answer as good as you can.
To mention the thing with your license is a bit tricky i think. You can say that you will come by bus and ask how the connection to public transport is there generally.
If they decide to hire you, they find a solution for you.
Usually they ask you if you have questions for them. Prepare yourself a bit for that, but not too much.
Let us know afterwards how it went please, would appreciate to hear.

If you need some tipps for that let me know, let us know. Thank you for sharing, have a nice day and
feel hugged my friend,
Greetings

3 Likes

So happy for you!
I’d encourage you to say you have a flexible schedule and would prefer daytime shifts but can try to make nighttime work. That way they know that you are available for both but prefer day shifts. It’s better to be honest with them now than later, ya know? I’d mention it in the interview, since you said you hours aren’t guaranteed. I think it’d be more serious if the hours were strict, but since the exact hours aren’t guaranteed and I’m assuming they mean night shifts might happen, I think you’d be fine. Just say you have a flexible schedule and see where it goes from there
Proud of you!

4 Likes

This is so exciting! Fingers crossed for your interview. There is no doubt you’re going to crush it!

As for the dilemna regarding your work hours, it’s best to ask the questions you need at some point during your interview. Not only it shows interest for the position, but also that you are willing to find the right fit in collaboration with them. It’s not rare for job announcements to be unclear at first, and you get a lot more insight during the interview. Make sure to simply be honest about your transportation possibilities at the moment, so you’ll all see together what could be strategized eventually.

No matter what, you will be okay. This is a HUGE step and you can only learn from this incoming experience. I’m rooting for you. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I’m so proud of you for getting this opportunity, so very happy for you.
When it comes to things like this, honesty is always a good thing. Being honest from the start. They may have some flexible hours they could work for you. They’ll appreciate your honesty as well!
Let us know how you go, Andy!

2 Likes

Hi there Andy!
That is such great news, I am happy for you! I think it would be a good idea to mention your form of transportation, so both parties know what to expect. They might ask you in the interview though for example how flexible your working hours are, but honesty is always a good choice in these situations, since sooner or later they will find out about it anyway. But whether or not you get hired (and i really hope you do!), isn’t it already a great feeling that somebody is interested in hiring you? Even if it doesn’t work out, the impact it might have for your self-worth to know you have potential to be hired is surely great. :hrtlegolove:
I wish you all the good luck you need and hope you will get the job!

3 Likes

I appreciate all the responses they mean so much to me. I meet up with my job developer tomorrow to practice the interview so I can feel ready for it. I am extremely grateful for everyone here for the support.

3 Likes