Eyyohbee Fan #6

No matter what I do its never good enough, I feel like a fuck up no matter what I do and I can’t please anyone.

It’s unfortunate that those around you feel that way. I think that the best people around you will accept you for who you are, and not see you for their own expectations. You can only be who you are, not what others want you to be, and that’s the most important thing above all! Know that what you’re doing is enough, and as long as you can be okay with yourself, better things will follow after it. Don’t worry about negativity from everyone around you (and hopefully you can find some positive relationships!)

Hey, sorry that you’re feeling so down. I have some tips for you try out, that might help you manage how you’re feeling a little better.

1. Try to think about how you decide that other people are good enough, and then use the same standards to look at yourself. You’ll probably find that you are plenty good enough as a person!

2. It seems like you’re feeling worthless - Just because you feel worthless, doesn’t mean that that’s an accurate reflection of reality. What are the criteria that you would apply to anyone, in order to deem them a fuckup? My guess is you use very exclusionary criteria for judging others, but very broad criteria for yourself. I also think people pleasing is usually based on values.

3. Try to identify which of your values lead you towards wanting to please others, and look for other ways you can fulfill those values. Do you please others because you value kindness? Find ways to enact your kindness that don’t require other people’s validation. And finally, be patient with yourself - although you may have made mistakes in the past, you still have a long future ahead of you!

1 Like