Family Argument

Mom and brother had a fight during dinner this evening. Tempers ran high between the two, causing my brother to abruptly pack his things and leave to go back to Chicago where he currently resides. I’m just…disappointed and upset.

There’s probably more I want to say, but I just cant think straight.

4 Likes

Oh Tom. I’m so sorry. I’ve witnessed so many times arguments between my parents and siblings while growing up. It’s heartbreaking when you’re just there in the middle and see people you love fighting each other…

If you’d like to talk more about it, you know we’re here. Take your time though. Let the storm pass a little.
I’m sitting next to you, even just virtually. You’re not alone.

I hope there will also be a possibility for you to have a calm conversation with your brother and your mom about what happened.

Love you, friend. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hey TomsStillHere,

Megs26 responded to your post today live on stream with some amazing words of encouragement!

Here is a link to the video so you can watch her reply,

3 Likes

Hello Friend. Thank you for posting, That must have been very upsetting to witness, I am sorry that you had to see and hear that and I am also very sorry for your Mum and Brother, sometimes things just get said and they hit a nasty nerve and anger comes and no one wins those arguments everyone just ends up getting angry, Maybe when you brother gets back home you could send him a message to check on him, make sure he is ok. It is also ok by the way feel the way you do about it. You could let both your mum and your brother know how you are feeling if you felt you could approach them both and explain how it made you feel to see them both angry at each other and see it could bring some peace to the family. I hope it all calms down friend and life returns to a more peaceful existence. Much Love Lisa. x (edited)

3 Likes

Thinking of you @TomsStillHere. Sending friendly thoughts your way. I hope your heart has found some peace since yesterday, and that you manage to take care of yourself as much as possible.

You are so loved and cared for. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone that had responded over the last couple of days. My mom and I talked to my brother over the phone today and the two of them reconciled.

3 Likes

@TomsStillHere
Hiya, I am so very glad to hear that. Thank you for that update. I wish you all a very very happy Weekend. Much Love Lisa. :heart:

2 Likes

So glad to hear these updates, @TomsStillHere. Love you, friend.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.