Fathers day/ pandemic

I never knew my dad I just know he’d beat on my mom (who’s handicap) when she was pregnant with me and had to go to a women’s center and here I am 22 years later doing his job (being the man of the house) going to school and working a part time job all while experiencing my first global pandemic this puts more trauma in my life (on top of my trauma from growing up in foster care) and my job ends the 30th but two good things happened so far I got approved for ebt and I got into the housing program for former foster youth :slight_smile:
Whenever it come to fathers day I just blast Blink 182 -Stay together for the kids

2 Likes

Hey friend thanks for your post. I’m glad to hear you are able to have some good things to look forward to while you deal with past traumas connected to Father’s Day. It’s a day that’s so hard for so many people. It sounds like you have some healthy ways of getting you through. I know I don’t know you, but I’m still proud of you anyway!

Thank you how are you holding up through this

I am OK. Fathers Day isn’t a particular struggle for me so that’s a plus and although I seem to cycle through dark times I am ok at the moment so feeling blessed and also reminding myself to know this feeling for when the dark times loop back around again - helpful to remember that the pain does not last forever. <3