Fear of driving (two suicidal thoughts/urges)

I’ve had a fear of driving for a very long time it’s the reason I still don’t have my license I often while in a car have thoughts of throwing my self out of it while it moves and I’m very worried I’ll get the urges to plow head on into a semi truck or divider I recently bought a scooter to try and learn to ride and drive to get to and from work and that’s another thing I’m scared to learn cuz of the urges I get I got on it today after finally getting my gear and couldn’t bring my self to move more then a few feet at a very very slow speed while my brother coached me along I feel like I’m making excuses l for not wanting to do it or become a adult some how and I just and really worried I don’t know what’s wrong with me anymore I’m safe I’ll let everyone know that it’s just these urges I get

4 Likes

Hey there friend! I’m sorry to hear you’re going through a rough time with driving. Suicidal urges are hard to overcome, but I think it’s a question of letting yourself try. Good on you for taking baby steps to work up to it, and definitely a good idea to have your brother there. If you get to the point where you feel comfortable with that, I would say that having someone in the car with you is a good strategy so they can keep you focused on the task at hand. And it takes a long time to work through and overcome that deep-set fear, and that’s fine, as long as you give yourself achievable goals. If you haven’t already, I could suggest reaching out to a professional about it. They could help you work through what you’re feeling and come to a safe solution. You’ve got this! The hardest part is the first step, it gets easier after. And don’t forget to take time to yourself to do something that doesn’t make you stressed. That will balance out the days :). Sending lots of love and encouragement :heart:

2 Likes

You are loved, you matter and you are cared for greatly! You are worth more than anything in the world! You mean so much! You have so much value! I remember at one point in my life having felt that way, I had many times where I would want to just go “screw it, let’s just go off the road”. I do remember so many times wanting it to end, but for me there was a turning point. Sadly it was a car accident that was not of my fault that nearly killed me. I know it is a sad way for it to happen, but much of my view point on life changed because of a near death experience which was due to a car accident and a coma. I promise you, these wants and feelings are just that, passing wants and feelings. You mean so much, you are worthy of love, you are worthy of being loved, you are worthy of life, a long fulfilling life. You are loved! You matter! You are cared for! I am glad you are safe, please keep talking to us as you need to, we are here for you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.