Fear of walking to my car late at night

I’m going to be attending a Christian music festival in a couple of weeks to see Silent Planet and Disciple. :slight_smile: The thing is, I am only going for the day and will have to walk to my car around midnight after these two bands play. I have absolute terrible anxiety about walking at night by myself, especially this late. I am so looking forward to seeing these bands. But I’m already getting anxiety about walking to my car by myself. There is a friend of mine (who I am unable to camp with but is staying the night there). I thought of asking her to walk me to my car. But I don’t want to burden her or have her think I’m weird for asking her to do that. I know I just need to ask. But I’m in massive anxiety mode. I hate how fear rules my life. But at the same time, the world isn’t exactly the safest place, either.

Hey there!!

I’m not 100% sure of what your background is in anxiety related to walking to your car but I believe I know which music festival you are talking about! I’ve been before and it’s a super safe environment :blush: Most of the time they will have security, some of which may be in golf carts, and I’m sure they would have no problem driving you back to your car! It’s also a bigger music festival so there should be plenty of people walking back to their cars as well, if that makes you feel less alone!

If you want to stick with someone you know, it shouldn’t be to much to ask a friend if she can walk back with you. Being real and upfront with anxiety around people can help them see it from your perspective and have your back in situations that you may be nervous in!

Stand strong and know that He (and us here) have got you! And have fun at the festival!

2 Likes

Hey @NomadicWanderer,

Silent Plant and Disciple are fantastic bands! I hope you enjoy the concert! I would highly recommend carrying pepper spray to and from your car. Depending on the state, I’m not sure if you can also bring it into the concert venue. If you’re unable to get your hands on a self-defense tool, I’d recommend checking out a few apps on the App Store. I don’t know them by name, but I’ve heard of apps that are designed to protect people who are walking alone. Check them out when you get the chance! :slight_smile:

-Eric

1 Like

Hello!

I just saw Disciple three days ago and they put on an amazing show! But that’s not what I wanted to say. I want you to know that there is nothing wrong with feeling anxious about walking to your car at night. It’s a natural feeling. Don’t feel like a burden to ask someone to walk with you! I would do the same! I agree with what the others said too - it’s a good idea to get some type of protection. It’s always good to be prepared. Just be safe and take care of yourself. :slight_smile:
<3 Stephanie

1 Like

@NomadicWanderer,

Thank you for sharing and being vulnerable in sharing what you are going through!

I firmly believe that it is the safe and smart move to ask someone to walk you to your car. Anxiety can be crippling and affect us in so many ways. Don’t ever feel like you are a burden in asking someone to walk you to your car.

Please let us know how it goes!

-L

1 Like