Feel the emotional breakdowns coming

Lately I been feeling so alone. It’s terrible, such a sad feeling, I cry that I feel like I have absolutely no one to talk to, I’m suffering alone, and I can’t get out… it’s very triggering. I recently got a tattoo of a cross and a semi-colon because I felt like depression is something I can get through with the help of the Lord. My mom says that it’s a reminder of what the Lord is taking me through, and of things I have overcame, but now I’m thinking, it’s ridiculous… it makes me sad that I feel alone in every way, I can’t see anyone around me but myself… some recent things have happened, that is making not want to trust anyone at all, or even get close to anyone… safe to just be alone, but at the same time I know it’s not. I feel stuck.

1 Like

Hey God_Is_Love - first of all: thank you for opening up! This feelings are real and i maybe can understand because my cross-tattoo reminds me of a time where nothing seemed to be there than faith. and even my faith was fading sometimes. So what helped me through this time was getting my focus away from me and my troubles and looking for a local church where i felt home and i started to help there in a ministry. helping myself by helping others. making friends while “just doing my job”. and like the lyrics in wolves at the gates song “tonight my son”: “As the waves crash over and over - You are my anchor” i knew that whatever comes i have a god that holds me. and he holds you. loves you. hates your troubling situation. feels with you. and won’t let you alone. Hold on!

Greetings and prayers from Germany!

2 Likes

Hello @God_Is_Love, I know this may sound like a cliche, but you are definitely not alone. You have God, your mom, and the people here. It’s normal and difficult to trust anyone again after something or someone has caused you to lose that trust. It takes time to trust again. Loneliness can seem the safest, but you’re right it’s not. In my experience, being alone with my thoughts was dangerous. The sadness I felt stemmed from my persistent and reoccurring thoughts. I got closer to God and talked to a therapist. I learned coping skills and it was a slow process, but I felt myself come back to life and out of the darkness (if that makes sense). Like @tommy_hA said, “Hold On!” You’ll get through it!