Feeling Alone - Struggling Again

This post is going to be hard to write . I didn’t want to write this because i felt better afterwards but now i’m struggling again with this feeling . Alone. Even though I do know i’m NOT alone , it just feels like i am . It feels like everyone around me is invisible and i’m just here to drown. Do i really have no one? why the hell do i feel so damn alone. I know i have my friends (that i actually talk to ), my family and you guys. But to be honest that doesn’t feel enough for me . The damage already has been done.
For a little back story of what happened to make me feel like this is that November 1st I got out of a relationship with the guy who i was with for 1 year and 1 month because he cheated on me with another girl who he KNEW SHE LIKED HIM. There were even red flags like him eating lunch with her , me not really allowed to be mad at him which is bs.
Anyways , after i broke up i felt like i wanted to rebound to not feel this loneliness and to not feel alone but I finally figured out not a good idea cause i don’t want to make the other person feel like crap because of my actions. I know i need to surround my self with people who love me but who does? who will love me? who will let me know i am NOT alone . I sure do hate this feeling i wish i didn’t have to go through this feeling at all. So my friend has me add someone on social media bc they were looking for single people and so i added him . and when i was showing him pictures of me i just felt ugly and if i were to get in a relationship with him i feel like i wouldn’t be good for him . what should i do?
I just don’t what to do . I know i need to recover but i don’t know if i can from this feeling .
I have been talking to a couple people because i feel like they just hate me or that i did something . I really don’t know what to do . I’m probably just going to stay like this because this is the only thing i’m good at :confused: . I apologize if this doesn’t make any sense but i just don’t know what else to say beside that , i really feel alone.
Thanks for reading

• Ashley
3 Likes

Hey Ashley,
I know how difficult it can be to feel completely alone. And I’ve also experienced troubles regarding cheating. After reading your post, I feel that you may feel so lonely because you are experiencing symptoms of heartbreak/betrayal… which are never easy. Your feeling of sadness and betrayal are valid, HOWEVER, please please try your best to remember that other people’s decisions and mistakes can have nothing to do with you. You are still just as beautiful and valuable as you were before this situation. You can get through this! And with time you Will! I know it’s tough right now, but try to hang in there. And if you’re feeling alone, or isolating from others, try to remember to treat yourself kindly. Be there for yourself! You got this!
Sending best wishes
-Eyeless

1 Like

@all_around_ashley

I agree with @EyelessDoll. You will get through this! You are not alone. This community is here with you and for you. We love you.

Ashley,
Please don’t believe those negative thoughts. I’m a bit older than you are however, when I was your age I felt the same, felt like I was always alone meanwhile my family and friends were right there. Not sure why those thoughts creep into our heads but being as someone who has lived through all of them i can tell you they are not real. ALL HUMANS would prefer you be near them rather than think they don’t want you there. Please know that and please go be with someone when you feel that way. If only I had someone to tell me this when I was younger I believe that my life now would be so much better. I taught myself how to believe that people are better off without me but its SOOOO not true. Please Please make a conscious effort to believe you are totally worthy of being in other’s presence and they need you there.
Most people are more hung up on their shortcomings than the shortcomings of other’s around them. Reach out to others and laugh, do silly fun things to keep your mood up. Believe me it will help you tremendously.

1 Like

Thanks for ya’lls support i am trying the best i can . sometimes i just feel like i would want to be alone but since the breakup i just had felt like i had no one.
thanks for the support guys and girls
-Ashley

It is SO hard when you feel so alone. I am sorry you are going through this. It makes sense that you’d want to rebound in this situation to take away the pain (or at least have a distraction from it). But you have made the decision not to. Which I think is wise. It is hard when you recognize you aren’t alone, rationally, but still have the feelings that say you are. I can relate to that. Keep holding on. Brighter days will come. Hugs.

thanks @NomadicWanderer
really appreciate it