Feeling empty inside and can't push through

It’s been going on for awhile, but I haven’t really expressed it out in the open until now. I would feel a sense of being empty, questioning what I am doing and things of that nature. Sometimes, wanting to be alone or I feel empty despite being with friends or around people at work.

I am a little better now but this feeling would last for 2-4 days straight, worsening over that course of time. After it hits its peak, it comes back down. This cycle has been going on every 1-2 months. Yesterday was when it was the worst, lasting all day and through the night.

Here’s what I was feeling: I start the day and I feel empty. I wouldn’t say it’s a sad feeling, just empty and didn’t want to interact with people. My job requires interaction with people. By nature, I do enjoy interacting with people and am happy. But when I was hit with this feeling, I had to gather the energy to smile, talk, and try to be friendly. I felt low, empty, and didn’t have a clear mind. I would try to push through by listening to music or watching some videos from HeartSupport, but I still felt that empty, hollow feeling inside.

Does anyone else get that feeling or am I alone? How do I cope with something that continues to occur?

Hi Micahshima,

You are very much not alone in feeling that way.

I wonder if writing the post has helped you, journalling and writing is well regarded in terms of good health and as part of the process of moving forward. Talking can be painful, maybe as it is part of dealing with or addressing the pain but it works.

You can find a better place.

You won;t be alone and there is help out there if you need it.

Good luck friend.

Hugs x

1 Like