Feeling insecure, don’t know what to do

Hello everyone.

I was late for school on Thursday (which never happens) and I was on the bus when I saw this girl jumping on. She was a pretty one, and I had the feeling I had met her before. we’ve looked at each other for like 10 minutes before she walked to me and reached out. I didnt know why at first, but all I wanted to say was “how are you doing?”, because like I said before, I almost knew I had met her before. Before I knew it, we started talking and talking and talking, and I wasn’t even embarrassed: I could look straight in her eyes, and we even had a little walk to class before splitting up. It was just few hours later I realised she was the cute waitress at the bar I always go to.

It’s Sunday and I can’t keep myself from thinking about her. She looks just like the type of woman I’m looking for: smart, independent…however, I’m stuck and I don’t really know what to do. The main issue is, she is older than me (2-3 years old), and even if I’m more responsible and adult than most of the guys at my age (21), I feel like I’m nothing. I’m one of those extrovert guys who has always his pickup line ready, but this time I can’t even find a good excuse to reach out to her.

What should I do? I know I don’t want to lose time as I’m looking for a serious and long-term relationship, but I also feel like I’m not old or good enough to compete for this one.

1 Like

Dear @frapioggia
Maybe I’m not the best to give advice (lack of experience, as opposed to constant failure), but I think you should go for it.

Why go for an excuse? You shouldn’t need one: be straight forward about it. Make what you want known, rather than hearing would the bush.

Good luck

1 Like

Thanks for your reply danny, I’ll def go for it. I mean, there’s not even something to lose. I’ll be simple and straightforward: in the past it’s been the best thing to do the majority of times.

1 Like